Register To Comment
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [FW] Tracked 4WD Lifter: Aegis

That's a great resource - I totally forgot about Biohazard! Carlo pretty much rebuilt the actuators from scratch, hopefully that won't be required in a featherweight.

To clarify, is it usually the power of the motor that is the limiting factor on a Linear Actuator's maximum force, then? I had assumed it was the strength of the ball screws (and associated hardware) that limited the force. But reading that Biohazard got over triple the rated force out of his with modifications is very interesting.

The motors are generally under rated compared to the other parts - just remember that you won't be getting ball screws in a cheapo Chinese actuator - they will have ACME nuts.

Alright, things are shaping up, finally received my TZ85 ESCs today, and some of my track components. I've got a linear actuator on the way, and I'm about to order a Turnigy HeliDrive SK3 for modding it, but I still need to figure out what batteries I'll need. Currently I have four 18V drill motors and that motor, and three TZ85s to power the whole lot (I'm assuming one unhacked TZ85 will be fine to drive the SK3, having a max current load of 85A). That's about all I'll need to power, so I think I'll need around 18V total? I'm not sure how much you can push those drills past 18, so I'm thinking a 5S combination would do it. Unsure about how many mAh I'll need though. Of course the ESCs run to 85A max, but I'm assuming it'll be nowhere near that most of the time. Anyone have a rough idea of what I'll need?

my electric axe runs 3300 and 4000mah packs 4 x 750 motors so similar setup in terms of power draw

both packs are the same weight but the 3300 pack has a much higher c rating and was an upgrade so I have a choice, newest feather uses 2450mah pack on speed 900 drives

Ah, thanks. Think something like this would be appropriate? http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...dProduct=26733

Register To Comment