Register To Comment
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA/ Robo Challenge International Featherweight Championships - 1st - 3rd April

Quote Originally Posted by Niels - Team K.a.L.M. View Post
    No Bot in a Box by airmail this year, Nick?
    No - Glen used his work DHL account to get a super deal last year. It would have cost double this year but now that I had to leave so much gear behind, it would have been worth it! Next year, I will have enough airline points to bring an extra 20Kg of stuff, so maybe I will bring two bots again

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKazoo View Post
    Any one doing testing tomorrow?

And please please please can we have the draw? Pretty please?
    I will be there for testing and any last minute event setup. PM me your mobile if you want to meet up.

Should be there tomorrow for testing anyone know what time we need to unload the bots etc

We just arrived in our hotel in Birmingham and will be at the NEC tomorrow. Does anyone have the info which door to enter, where to park the car for unloading and what time we can get in? If anyone is willing to PM me their number just in case, much appreciated. Cheers Dennis

Hi Dennis, James and Grant will hopefully confirm this but as the testing day takes place on a day when the exhibition is open to the public, you may need to be loaded in by 8.30am. You will need to go to car park N12 first to obtain a loading pass from the security desk. N12 is right at the top of the NEC complex (Google NEC site map for a layout) and if you're there around 8am, you will likely see a queue of cars waiting to get passes. The Robo Challenge arena is set up in Hall 3 this year and looking on the GSL website, the best access doors are 3.2 and 3.3. The staff at N12 should be able to best advise you on this though. See you there!

Thanks Jamie, I will be one of the queued-up cars! Presumably, we can also get our event passes at the main show entrance as in previous years.

I'm not sure with passes Nick. In previous years we've not been at the testing day, so we usually have to wait at the loading doors to the hall until one of the RC crew comes over with them.

I've never been to testing either but I've always just parked in the normal car park and gone through the visitor entrance with my stuff on competition day so assuming I can just do the same?

It could well be different this year, but for the past two years, I turned up early at the main entrance and was checked on a list at the ticket booths to get a pass. Last year, Grant handed out a 2nd pass once I was in.

Looking forwards to tons of last minute driving practice!

Register To Comment