Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Splitting power out

I tend to use 2 wires coming off each side of a connection, simple but effective and hasn't let me down yet

Yeah I just solder 2 wires in, twisted together and tinned up first then its all fine

I use a Y harnas. Simple enough.

Handy if you want to connect two packs in series, but just to make you aware Dave, that one won't be any use for powering two ESCs from a single power connection. The easiest way to do it would be as mentioned and just solder two wires to the one tab on the connector, or if there's not much room, solder one wire on and then splice a second wire onto it just slightly further up. I did this on Drumroll this year to massively simplify the wiring loom. There is a picture of it somewhere that I'll try and find (if I can on this phone)

Actually it was last year I changed it all, but here it is anyway. The link and battery connector are on the left, fuse at the top, three Deans connectors (two for the TZ85s spliced together, one for the weapon ESC) on the right and a mini Deans at the bottom for the LED. That's literally all there is to it.

dr2_build204_zps287a2df5.jpg

Register To Comment