Register To Comment
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BattleBots UK competitors :)

Thanks for your updates and links

SPOILER ALERT!

The americans screw up and got their fights mixed up.
    So as they recapped they showed ALL the fights and their ends...

So be warned.

Looks like I jumped te gun...
    They did not screw up, they just skipped 4 fights and hopped right on to the last 16.
    Last edited by Niels - Team K.a.L.M.; 29th June 2015 at 02:04.

So for those there at the filming how much of that controversy with complete control was actual controversy? It felt a lot like a staged setup for the cameras.

Very predictable with tombstone. Counter revolution was not designed for a horizontal disc at all.

The judges must have asked what was in the box and agreed it, tanglement devices have never been allowed ... Worked a treat though !

I saw this mentioned somewhere, maybe it was used as a way of describing to the viewers just why entanglement devices are banned rather than just telling them that they are.

I did also hear that it actually *isn't* in the rules as was mentioned, but it was supposed to be. Think it was an accidental grey area haha...

There was no staging at all during the filming Gary- everything that happened… actually happened.

none of the other teams or producers knew about the net-in-a-box either… we were all watching from a TV screen in the pits and all laughed when it happened and then wondered what was going to happen- the fact the producers made them re-do the fight actually caused more delays etc throughout the filming- so i imagine they weren't happy about it.

Also the refusing to shake hands, the dodgy team costumes and things you'll see in future episodes etc etc was all spur of the moment things that the teams did… the film crew never asked any of us to "act"

It's odd that everyone expects all the controversy to be fake - I guess that's TV for you nowadays with everything else faked. But no, all that actually happened - funnily enough it's still being very heavily discussed between the BB competitors as to what was fair and unfair.
    The rules were slightly grey, but I thought pretty self explanatory "squirting glue, throwing fishing line, ball bearings and such are strictly prohibited".
    I think that's pretty obvious for nets too. The biggest thing is that it also states in the rules that all weapons and components must be shown and declared during safety checks. The present with net wasn't declared and so was illegal either way.

Register To Comment