I'm currently in the process of piecing together a heavyweight. So far I have the radio gear A123 34v battery packs and 2 Wheelchair motors (Eventual aim to replace these with Bosch 750's or similar drive).

However I'm lacking any kind of ESC that can handle the voltage (I'd rather not have to break the packs down to drive the temporary Heavy before I put the proper one together!). Any advice on ESC's or if anyone has a suitable one would be greatly appreciated! If all else fails I'll go for the classic Relays and servos ESC for the wheelchair motored robot.

I'm also in need of a weapon, at the moment I'm thinking lifter, pincer, jaw or my personal favourite an axe. However I'm not sure how to go about something like an axe on budget, the others I'd just use a screw jack and something like a scooter motor to drive it.

The frame would be square sections of mild steel armoured with HDPE armour over the top. Not the strongest but I'll try and avoid axes with the first Heavy

This is just a heavy I'm putting together for fun and to get a bit of experience in before I attempt to build a more serious one. So it's also an exercise in roboteering on a budget

Any advice, ideas or parts available would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex