Register To Comment

Thread: Low pressure pneumatics

I'm currently trying to get together all the necessary bits for a conventional 10bar system. As you can see in the picture, I currently have:
    • 40mm bore, 100mm stroke double acting ram
    • 12oz paintball tank (buffer tank)
    • One of Trevor's pressure regulators (still a tiny bit unsure how to use it)
    • 12v 5-port solenoid valve
    • Dump valve for the low-pressure side of the system
    • Pneumatic tubing (not shown)

I'm wondering what else I need to get a working system.
    I know I need a second paintball tank to store the liquid CO2, but I don't know whether it needs a pin valve or an on/off valve. Also, can I just leave the exhaust side of the ram open and use a bungee retract (to save on gas and the cost of a QEV)?
    S5002311.jpg

You need a pressure safety valve set at 10 bar, this is the only way to measure the pressure when using Trev's pressure regulator. You will also need different fittings and tube for sure. It looks from the picture that your fittings push into the tube. They won't hold 10 bar! Which by the way is still a lot of pressure. And yes you can leave the top open with a bungee return. Look through liftoffs build diary you'll learn a lot from Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe01 View Post
    You need a pressure safety valve set at 10 bar, this is the only way to measure the pressure when using Trev's pressure regulator.
    You set/measure the pressure with a pressure gauge, the safety valve (aka pvr/ pressure relief valve) is just a safety device which relieves the pressure if it goes over 11bar.

Have a look at this thread: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...-featherweight

Should cover most things you need for a LP setup.

As mentioned above you need a safety valve, set at the lowest rated component in your system (probably 8bar)
    And though the barb fittings you're using should be fine I'd prefer the push fit quick disconnect type. Much easier to take apart if need be.

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know if I have any problems.

Register To Comment