Register To Comment

Thread: NanoTwo Antweight Speed Controllers

(I would have put this under commercial adverts, but I'm not allowed to start a new thread in that section for some reason)

The NanoTwo (N2xV) range of speed controllers are single board, dual motor controllers that I have been developing over the last few months specifically to control Antweight robots. They use a pair of integrated motor driver ICs controlled by a PIC microcontroller, and also include a 6 Volt, 1.5 Amp voltage regulator which supplies power to the receiver and drive servos.

There are three variations of the NanoTwo:
    NanoTwo Low Voltage (N2LV)
    NanoTwo Low Voltage High Power (N2LVHP)
    NanoTwo High Voltage (N2HV)

The 'Low Voltage' boards are smaller, but only work with a 2 cell Lipo. The 'High Voltage' board works with 3 and 4 cell Lipos (and a well charged 2 cell).

The two �Low Voltage� boards are the identical except the �High Power� version has two driver chips on each side, effectively doubling the available current output.

For more details, check the datasheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oFbqru5-Iwutio1Mt0i7QXO_RsyPf8I7_5n3YKdTXg/edit?usp=sharing

The full list of options are shown below.

Options:
    . Low current (N2LV), High current (N2LVHP),or High voltage (N2HV)
    . Onboard signal mixing or no signal mixing.
    . Servo connectors on signal input or Rx power or loose wires for soldering
    . 6V and signal connections to receiver or signal only.
    . JST battery connector or loose wires for soldering.
    . Shipping or collection at next AWS

If you have any particular requirements, ask in the email to check if it�s possible.

Prices:
    �20 for the N2LV (Low voltage)
    �25 for the N2LVHP (Low Voltage High Power)
    �25 for the N2HV (High Voltage)
    �2 for shipping

Email me or check the datasheet or if you have any questions.

I have a thread on the development of the ESCs at http://robotwars101.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2128

If you would like one, please email your list of options to: rapidrory@gmail.com
    I will get back to you to confirm your order, after which you'll need to send the required amount via PayPal to the address above before I can ship it. It'll run on a first come first serve basis, and depends on what components I have in stock/ how much free time I have as to how fast I can ship it. Therefore I can't give a fixed timescale, though I'll try and give an estimate of how long it'll take in the order confirmation.
    Alternatively I can take cash in person at the next AWS if you want to collect it there, although you'll still have to email me your options in advance

This is the first time I've done anything like this, so a few things may change around a bit at first, but hopefully nothing too major.
    Last edited by Rapidrory; 9th November 2014 at 21:47.

how much do they weigh?

Unfortunately I recently dropped and broke my scales so I can't get a measurement at the moment. I'm going to try and borrow some soon. They can't weigh more than a few grams though.

Here's a video of the prototypes being demoed in some of Alex's robots:

Due to RS being out of stock on the motor driver chips I use for the High Voltage boards, I unfortunately won't be able to make any more of those until after the 11th of July.

Managed to borrow some scales today; they weigh 4 grams with wires.

can you run it on a 4.8V supply?

They'll run fine down to about 3.7V, though If you let me know you want a low voltage one then I can mod them to reliably run down to 3V. More info here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I'd like one of your N2LV. tried sending you an email but it wont send

Register To Comment