Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Inky

So I made the cradle from scratch today out of some MDF for the base and some pine for the handles. I'm going to work a bit more on it on Tuesday to reinforce the MDF base. I also made the proper weapon for use as a mace on the end of my chain.

Cradle.jpgCradle Holding Robot.jpgChain Weapon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    How neat is your mdf belt sanding lol!
    Using a panel saw to cut the MDF sheet was the only manual labour on this. Hegner saws and cordless drills huzzah!

Videos of the Featherweight Rumbles from Robots Live at the Museum of Flight, last Sunday.
    Robots fighting: Tankslapper, PUG, Little Hitter, Clank 2, Onyx, Cicatrix, Mobot, and Hatchet 2.

POST BATTLE DAMAGE PICTURES

Post Battle One

Post Battle Two

Post Battle Three

Post Battle Four

The wedge plate got bent and two supports broke at the same part.
    The padlock flew off almost immediately.
    The spike was the only weapon to last to a second fight, where it promptly fell off after getting snapped close to the base.
    Blew a fuse.
    And a drill motor's casing sheared, causing the wires inside to wrap around it like spaghetti.

Despite all the blows from Battleaxe, Little Hitter, Hatchet 2 and Onyx, all the damage done to the top aluminium plate was superficial, the polycarb sheet underneath survived alomst unharmed, and the HDPE chassis escaped mostly unscathed.

New weapons, I don't think so yet. Definitely going to improve them, however.

The spike will get some supports and the chain used for the flail will be bigger so I can attach the padlock without opening links.

As for the wedge I would need a thicker metal sheet and more wooden supports. I could get wood sourced and supports made in a day or so, but getting free metal from my school wouldn't be easy when it's thick stuff.

I have two spare drills ready, just need to remove the grub screws from the broken drill and put them into a new drill to engage the drive in it, then do a bit of soldering. Hopefully it shouldn't prove too difficult.

I thought some of those marks looked familiar oh and just for the record that's Hatchet 1, Hatchet 2 will be built later this year and will have an axe at least double the power.

So I fixed up Tankslapper today, put a new motor in, and it's all running smoothly which is pretty good.

I took apart the old drill motor to see what I could salvage, and apart from the screws and a few of the gears I kept the actual motor unit. Is it any good or should I just throw it? If I keep it what would it be good for, saw, drum, spinning bar, etc?

Also, I still have got to remake the wedge and flail, which won't be too difficult hopefully. Going to buy a better chair with bigger links instead of using one from my garage. And I'm going to mount the spike differently so it'll be more secure and take a few more hits.

Register To Comment