Register To Comment
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LYNX Beetleweight

I've ordered a couple of these to try out. Worth a try at that price!

Just a little update, changed the design slightly after plonking the weapon set up on top of the feathers disc. Will get a round base plate cut probably out of 3mm Ali but for now here's a picture, Tornado Mer style!

"Blows away cobwebs" Made the decision to put Wraith on the back burner for now and start on Lynx. I realised that I can't use Wraith until next year so I'll finish the bits I have the parts to finish and then come back to it later.

Ordered the weapon motor and esc for Lynx today and a few other little bits, I'll get started finishing the weapon set up tomorrow and should hopefully have it spinning in the next couple of weeks depending on how long Hobbyking takes to get it arse in gear.

If you ordered from the UK warehouse it should be quite quick, a matter of days.

Pretendobot pics! Nothing special but I can now at least start Lynx, got the baseplate material yesterday which is a piece of 1.5mm stainless (200 x 200mm) and I'll get to attaching the weapon set up today, more parts are on the way including the weapon motor and esc and some hdpe for the body, should have a weapon spin up early next week.

Little update, no pictures just words unfortunately. I've decided that whilst i love the overhead design i don't think i'd ever be able to get the blade low enough to hit the really low robots, so that idea's getting put on the pile and Lynx will now be.....DUN DUN DUNNNNNN a mahooosive undercutter! think relic from the states only more Beetle, same massive blade but hopefully a more effective design to use it in, i WILL be making some progress soon, i promise.

Got bored of waiting for Hobbyking to get the motor i ordered in stock so i cancelled it and bought one of these instead http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html possibly a TAD overkill seeing as the blade will now be theoretically doing around the 8000rpm mark, anybody worried?

Well considering I'm running a 200w motor at 1.4:1 I should think that will make the bar spin quite nicely. :P

Yeah i don't think this motors going to have much trouble at all Just a quick question, if i run the bar at 3s it'll be going around 8000rpm and have theoretically 1198.2 joules of energy, if i go 4s it'll be around 10,000rpm and will have theoretically 1872.2 joules of energy. How does that compare to some of the other spinners?

Well RPM can produce a theoretical max KE of 215 joules when going 13,000rpm :P

Register To Comment