Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bosch 750 gearboxs

CURRENT GEARBOX IS
    1st stage 12-30 =2.5
    2nd stage 20-40 = 2

not sure if to run the shafts at different heights form the centre off the plate to make the gearbox more compact
    also might change gear sizes to use multiples of the same gear if possible

5.1 = 9.6mph
    or easier gearbox 4.1 = 12.1 mph (15/30-15/30) ratio

Remember to take into consideration the amps being drawn at the different ratios. If you can get away with it I would say 4:1 would be preferred, as your aim is to get opponents to flip the extra torque may not be so needed. Another option could be 5:1 and run a slightly higher voltage?

4:1 will be fine, its just when people are gearing for 20mph and wondering why their burning out motors it becomes an issue!

still mulling it over o gear ratio don't want something to slow or putting to much load on the motor research is king,
    wheels rs / bearing boyz or seems like a lot of heavies use robochallange wheels

sitting here surrounded by lots of printouts sketching designs on paper (old school) hate google sketchup just confuses me

anybody got a legal ish copy of autocad knocking around because that I can use ?

Sketchup has an addon for gears. Makes life much easier if you're trying to design your own gearbox.

Register To Comment