Register To Comment
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Sabretooth

Thanks Dave

I have finally finished the ram (63x75) and made a buffer tank (fire extinguisher) adapter. Now I can advance on in the build. I will duplicate all of it for its twin. When I say made the ram, I was more of an assistant to my excellent friend Alan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've not had the opportunity to concentrate on the build recently. The loft conversion has filled my workshop up with loft crap
    However i've now sorted some workshop space in a very well equipped workshop, its has all the toys! so work has begun again in earnest and we should be flipping soon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Read The First post in this thread

Different question, the slide out trolley you have in the picture, who makes it and where did you get it from? That is something that we could really use rather than having to dig through the bottom of numerous boxes ant every event!
    The bot also seems to have taken a step backwards from earlier pics. Is there a problem or are you adjusting the design?

The Slide out tool box is a Stanley Fatmax Portable Toolbox, Rolling Cabinet. I got mine at B&Q when it was on offer. The reason the robot looks further back is because it is the 'other' one. Its easier to work out the flipper and ram sizes without all the electrical 'gubbins' in the way. I am using the formula one approach and having enough bits to build two robots and they each come in their own rolling tool chest, robot in the bottom, extra spares in the middle section radio gear and tools in the top. very neat.

The robot fits in the bottom of that toolbox? That's a great approach, makes packing easier and saves you having to huff and puff carrying robots in and out of the venue
    *note to self, make compact robots even more compacterer!*

They're both looking good, is there any progress on the hardox 'jackets'? I seem to remember reading that they got sent away to be fabricated a while back?

Register To Comment