Register To Comment
Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Gaunt stood idly by his desk contemplating the huge form that had crushed a good portion of the room he was in. The sense he was getting from it made him very curious indeed. Occasionally he would glance back at the area where he had materialized in the room. It didn't seem as if anyone was going to be following him anytime soon. He wondered vaguely if time was even reckoned the same between the two places, not that it made much of a difference at present.

Walking directly up to the platform had perhaps not been one of his best decisions, but the sudden onrush of frigid cold had made him rather angry and even he had to admit that he never did his best thinking from a position of anger. In any case he was here now and he was interested to see more the place around him. He had brought chaos everywhere he had traveled, but that huge, prone figure suggested the potential for mayhem on an entirely different level.

He picked up his materials and took out one sheet of his stationary. Among the assorted clutter of the room he found a writing utensil that still worked and began to write:

Greetings fellow traveler. As you can see there is very little of interest in this location so I am going out to investigate more of the surroundings. I may be returning here at some point so feel free to leave a message of your own on this paper.

Leland Gaunt
    Owner/Proprietor of Scared Treasures
    Hell, Michigan

Gaunt found a suitable chunk of rubble and placed on his makeshift desk. Certainly his desk was conspicuous enough to get the attention of anyone who would look around the room unless they were remarkably dim, in which case he didn't care if they saw it or not.

With that he turned to the nearest exit and walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by steven_mcg View Post
    You don't know the great Professor Vengeance? Supervillain extraordinaire? The world's greatest criminal mind? Villainesque's Best-Dressed Megalomaniac three years running?

...You're serious, aren't you?
    *Eudial yells in panic* Well excuuuuse me if this is the first time I've been thrown into an alternate universe!!! I... I-I don't have experience in these matters, unlike you!

*Eudial stops short in her ranting, trying to master herself* ...so why haven't you just blasted us all into a pile of ash and have done with it? Surely if you're a true villain, you couldn't give a damn about anyone else here. Or are you trying to use them for other means? Work ethic, I suppose?

*she's still hugely apprehensive about the Prof. and it's showing on her face*

*Eudial turns abruptly* WHAT?! Even... even you know of this guy?!?

...but... I don't...

*Eudial decides to stay out of the Prof.'s way, grudgingly*

While the strange debate about the Professor goes on, the villain himself quickly goes to work on the systems of the terminal. Within a minute he has used his great intelligence and refined hacking skills to turn the heating back on, put some enjoyable classical music on the speakers and summon a small flying robot with some wipes to clean down his hands. He also manages to successfully unlock the door, however, it seems like the Pig-Dragons attempts to burn its way out have welded the doors shut, so will require a little bit of force to open.

Gaunt finds himself on the summit of a large mountain with city spread out before him in all directions. The mountain itself is home to a large complex, with the huge figure that the hand belonged to laying face down and smashed through several of the buildings. A slight tingling of his senses suggests the being might actually be technically still alive of a fashion, but no way near enough energy to sustain the giant form, as if it has been drained dry...

Looking across the city which stretches as far as gaunt can see there are more style of architecture, heights, ages, colours, shapes and materials of building than he could even consider. But that it not what immediately grabs his attention - various figures are positioned across the city, and channelling energy into some kind of barrier across the sky. There are several more colossal beings akin to the thing that has smashed this building standing and pouring energy soundlessly from their mouths, a giant being carved from stone stands nearest to Leland's current position and is channelling energy that looks like rainfall upwards into the barrier. A few human sized figures can be seen hovering in the air as well as the giants, pouring torrents of lightning, magical fire, a stream of nanites, strange eldritch coils of smoke, a bizarre flood of small pieces of paper and stranger things besides, into re-enforcing this shield.

It is not immediately apparent what possible reason such an incredible array of powers could be unified into protecting - demons and angels, wizards and machines, dark twisted abominations and cosmic entities, all together with one purpose. Then he spots it. A tiny black speck that you wouldn't even see if you were looking for something, poised near perpendicular above him. A tiny black spot - one that all his Demon senses scream to him represents the end of the multiverse itself.

The door begins to groan and creak as Playzooki pushes it, but it would seem something needs to break the weld before he can get a good enough grip on it to open it up.

*Eudial turns about, eager to have something take her mind away from the Prof.*

Stand aside.

*Eudial strides over to the door and lightly presses her fingertips onto it. Energy pours from her fingertips into the door*

Register To Comment