Register To Comment
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring Brick

Hi all, i'm thinking about just making up a bang bang esc for Hatchet 1 just as something cheap and easy to replace since it will only be a whiteboard machine now. The problem i'm having is that most microswitches seem to be rated for 12v and i want to run the whole bot on 5s, just wondering if there's a way of using relays to handle the current/voltage instead.

For higher voltages, people use micro switches to fire relays for high power applications. Most micro switches I find are rated to 240-50v, but a low current rating. You use them to fire off the coils in the bigger, 30A relays.

Could you power the axe with relays, use the speedo that frees up, and scrounge the cash for a second electronize for the drive?

I could do that but i'm saving up money to build the new one so atm i'm just after a cheap solution to get this one running

Cheers Dave, i presume for that i'd need two servos, 4 switches and 4 relays? how do i connect it up, do i wire the battery to the relays or the switches? ( sorry i'm a bit of an electronics novice as you might be able to tell)
    Last edited by mrsam; 23rd April 2014 at 11:34.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microswitc...item4d07b3c200 I've just found those, would they be suitable ?

Yeah, they would do. I'll sort you out a wiring diagram when I get home.

Awesome thanks again Dave

I just thought that i had to share this, If you remember at the champs Hatchet was acting strange to say the least towards to end. At the time i thought this was just down the the escs being dicks, well it turns out that i actually had one of the escs (presumably the one that went squiffy) plugged in the wrong way on the rx. So obviously in my haste to get it all back together and working i plugged it in wrong, didn't check and i imagine that is why it was acting so strange.

Rookie mistake to say the least, lesson learned, check your wiring!

Easy done! I couldn't get my OrangeRX to work for ages, turns out I had it the wrong way round...
    I'm going to try and clean up my wiring for next time, it's a lot easier to work with when it's not just a mess of cables everywhere!

Register To Comment