Register To Comment

Thread: Team Saint Announces

Hi

Zack and I were talking about the robot competitions we have entered in the past, and we have decided that from now on, we will only enter competitions that are judged by the latest/current FRA rules.

This decision will make no difference to anything as we never win anyway

The reason for putting this on the forum is some people may want to do the same, but never thought about saying so, and by saying this in public, may prompt others to do the same.

The EOs normally do run the competition to the FRA rules anyway, but on occasions the rules are changed.

So what would I like to happen? Simple just let me/us know when the event is announced or as soon as possible, if the rules are different. We can then decide if it is worth going just for the white boards or not.

Now for the boring play nice paragraph!
    This announcement is not intended to offend anyone, cause dissension or discord if we have sorry! we regard everyone in the roboting scene as our friends. If anyone wishes to comment on this subject please
    no "axe grinding" and please leave your "spleen un-vented"

Thanks

Craig

Best build yourself feathers Craig as Robochallenge are the top of the tree when it comes to rules. Close behind is robotslive. Roaming robots....well you got to remember their events are just a show for the audience so they make the rules to suit them.

I have watched a few fights I thought you had won but have been overlooked by judges.

68 views and no comments tho...shows no one is too bothered. Sums up a lot in my opinion.

Good post tho and about time someone said something.

Hi Shane

Many thanks for your response, it's always good to hear from you, and I am looking forward to seeing you, and your newly re-built Land Rover that dose look good very soon.

Just to clarify I am not critical of any judges decision from any of the EOs as I believe them all to be honourable and good people doing their best for the robotic scene. I can't believe anyone would say to themselves "Saints winning I have to put a stop to that."
    And if they did I would be happy to forgive them anyway.

All I want to do is stand with the FRA and support the decisions that were democratically decided on by the roboteers present. I am keen to support the FRA,(in other words all of us).
    So we can have confidence that in the UK all competitions are run to the same rule set agreed on by the roboteers and the EOs.

This thread is hopefully a positive affirmation of the FRA rule set. not criticism of people or sections of the community I love and support.

Sorry I didn't make that clear in the previous post.

Blessings
    Craig

Nowt wrong with being honest Craig...gets me into trouble all the time. Thanks for the Landrover comments too...i am very pleased with it.

As for the rule set....i will also abide by the FRA rules too....tho i will be going to a few non competition events with Robots Live I don't think the rule set will apply at those as they are more of a social event.

Seriously tho....and I too am not having a poke at one person specifically as robot wars franchise show is now owned by 3 people.... but the robot wars franchise show do make up their own rules to suit their show...again i believe its just a show for the audience with them at the forefront of their aims to make money.....infact i know it....The FRA was set up years ago to do this ruleset for the whole to keep it all inline....but i can't see how it can be all unity with such different aims by 2 big EO's. yes Robots live are in it to make money...but they seem to put the roboteer first....as do Robochallenge. Robotwars franchise show just want money.... end of.

As above I am just saying my opinion and is not a criticism of people or sections of the community I also love and Support.

Register To Comment