Register To Comment

Thread: car radiator fan motor

Needed to replace the car fan motor on the gf's pt cruiser however once I had I bench tested the "duff" motor and it worked fine on both speeds so i may have been a loose connection but either way I have a working radiator fan motor that I don't have a use for. I'll post up pics in due course but I'm after £10 plus postage. Even comes with a sprung loaded C-clip that would make attaching a sprocket easy.

I guess I should say for some of the newer guys kicking about that these have been used very successfully in the past for spinner motors as they are relatively powerful for their size

As someone who has used car fan motors several times these are the stats I generally find they have.

12v
    250w
    2500 rpm (at 12v)
    Weighs 1.6kgs

Run fine at 24v, which quadruples the power output to 1000w (but doubles the rpm obviously).

Of course all motors are different and I can't speak for what Gary has on sale. If you have a manufacturer and model number finding specs online is quite easy.

Picture of the motor. The three mounting flanges around the side allow it to be mounted to a bulkhead etc. The three spokes on the shaft act like a keyway and the c plate to the left allows a sprocket etc to be clamped onto it.

Register To Comment