Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eric Jr2 - FP FW Flipper

It's a nice robot Jonno, but because our arena has no polycarbonate I can't use it so I'm only attending one event a year that I can use it so reckon I'd be better building something else with a bit more flexibility. If I don't get what I need for it though it'll only come out once or twice a year and I won't be too upset

Ill work out prices this evening and get back to everyone.

It's a ready to run machine. Why would anyone want to break it up?!

My thoughts exactly Gary, I can understand anyone wanting me to take the ESC and radio gear out if they have a preferred option but that's as much as I think should be changed. Maybe motors at a push but you'd struggle to get anything else in there.

Right, have had a think about all the bits that are in there.

Looking for about £550 posted for it as a chassis and complete pneumatics system, including Battleswitch. Will do a bit less than that if you want to buy the main bottle and fit it yourself.

Complete robot minus radio gear looking at around £750 with addition of radio gear around £800.

Thats pretty much the cost of the parts within it. I hope i've been fair here in estimating these parts. Anyone else in the know please feel free to comment and confirm/challenge the price i'm asking on how fair it is.

I do think it's fair on you ,Tony. I just don't think you are going to get it.

Do you have a spare £800?

bloody hell i was very generous letting chuck go for £500

Diablo sold for £450 at a very similar spec.

Why sell it for a loss? The pneumatics alone cost nearly £400 and the majority of the parts are brand new.

EDIT: Saying that, have just looked at the parts list and my addition has a lot to answer for. Parts cost is actually less than what I stated by around £100

I don't know of any robot sold with real profit or even break even.

Why sell it at a loss? Simple. Something is worth what the nut gives for it. Nobody is forcing you to sell.

I'm not attempting to make a profit. I am aware I'm not forced to sell, I asked a price that if anyone wanted to build a Replica of this robot, that's what it would cost them. Doesn't seem like a ridiculous concept to me. If it doesn't sell it doesn't sell, but would be a shame for it not to be used regularly.

There are clearly people out there who do have the money spare Ceri, some spend thousands on robots. I was asked for a price on here and in PMs, so I gave one on which people can agree with, reject or counter offer.

I have no issues removing electronics and letting it go for a bit less, but you'll just be putting the same bits in anyway which will cost the same if not more.

That sounded a bit rant-y, but it wasn't intended that way, just saying that I think

Register To Comment