Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The end of robot combat in the US?

Personally my money's on a change in personal circumstances.

I wish we could buy the arena and run HW full combat Gary. It costs us thousands to put the event on at Gadget Show Live, and our budgets couldn't stretch to buying a HW arena, shipping it over and running it! Must take a fair few lorries to haul it around....

I saw a picture of it in it's transit state, takes up an artic lorry (18 wheeler type) just for the arena, never mind any PA or sound equip.

Real shame. Pretty big blow to things, Robogames/Combots being the big-gun events in this sport. Hopefully something can slot into their place. The arena can't just disappear, unless scrapped for parts, so there's a shimmer of hope that it'll resurface in time.

Quote Originally Posted by teamstorm View Post
    The arena takes considerable time to build btw, it takes days (literally) to set the thing up, it's a by-product of the robots that fight in them (full on heavy spinners)
    That is exactly why we don't have many DRG heavyweight events in Europe either, the cost of setup alone is higher than whatever we get back from it. Our arena is 2 lorries full of material and takes days with the aid of a forklift to be put in place.

Very sad for our US friends

Ed
    Very sad indeed, and I want to thank the RoboGames organisation for doing an excellent job for all those years. Their events have given us much entertainment over the years with many awesome and brutal fights.

Feathers are the future of this hobby

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    Feathers are the future of this hobby
    Here you there. What ever happened to BWs?

No arena and the initial interest seems to have died off

If Kenny had bought the arena to events then the interest would have maintained and grown. I dare say Ants have become more popular since my arena was a regular feature.

I do agree with Gary that feathers are the future

A quick question about HW spinner arenas; what ever happed to 'The Vault' ? Only arena I have heard of in the UK that could demo Typhoon and Hypno disc..

Register To Comment