Register To Comment
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Torrent's build diary - a dream coming true!

I've got 2.2 amp-hour, 3S batteries with a 25 to 35 C discharge, so that should be around 55 amps at 25 C per battery.

The (4S)battery which you found can produce around 53 amps at 20 C.

it should be ok for for running 2 motors just make sure u have a fuse rated at half the peak amp

i use these batteries http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...%20lipo%20nano

they seem to do the job quite nicely

I don't think robochallenge do 125mm wheels with nut inserts which you need to screw it onto your drill motor- better to go with 100mm wheels or else make your own.

They take ages to come, too. I know they're busy, but it's a pain. You can make custom mounts (Bar of hdpe, screwed onto motor shaft), or use nut inserts for whatever wheels, I'm using stabilizer wheels atm.
    Last edited by TeamPsyclone; 7th July 2013 at 16:56.

Quote Originally Posted by MudnuK View Post
    Tx and RX: Spectrum DX5e (but also curious about trigger transmitters)
    i use the trigger tx on both my present robots (DX3e and a losi) the main benefit i found is that you can tune the steering to get a strait line and slow the steering down so you don't over steer, but i only really need it as they do about 8-9mph

Quote Originally Posted by MudnuK View Post
    No, RC don't do 125mm wheels with the inserts, but it can't bee to difficult to put them in myself?
    If I'm right, the reason RC don't do the 125mm blue/red wheels with nut inserts is because the bore of the plain wheel is 15mm, which is too large to get a nut pressed in and 'latched' onto the plastic; most likely the nut would work itself loose and the wheel would come off. When I've bought 125mm wheels from them in the past, they've been a different kind - black, with a 12mm bore, which is more suitable - but the wheel material isn't great, it's quite shiny and hard and doesn't hold up against the blue/red competition wheels.

The best way to get 125mm wheels with nut inserts will be to make them yourself. You could just cut circles of HDPE and melt a nut into the middle, but since HDPE is quite soft, it might not be the sturdiest connection. I've got a strip of steel with the nut welded on the middle, and a couple of bolts at the ends to bolt the wheels on to (similar to the method Josh described) and this seems to work well. Also means you can bolt on different diameters of wheels if you feel you need more speed or torque.

Register To Comment