Register To Comment
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New website feedback

I also notice that when I make it post it highlights it on the forum page as a new post until I go on and look at it again, is there any way of changing that?

Could you restore the clock in the top right corner? I miss that!

Can you not just use the clock in the bottom right corner of your screen (or wherever it may be located on your computer)?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTwoRobots View Post
    Can you not just use the clock in the bottom right corner of your screen (or wherever it may be located on your computer)?
    An adroit suggestion with 2 minor drawbacks
    1. 90% of the time I visit I'm on my phone. Which means switching the app off.
    2. My computer crashes so much, the clock resets to 00:00 everyday. Consequently I can only tell how long I've been on the computer for. It won't automatically update.

Plus I just want it. Would it really bother you Jamie?

Doesn't bother me, no. I was just offering a possible solution that may have been overlooked as the ability to restore the clock may not be doable, since this forum now uses different software (used to be phpBB, now vBulletin, different formats & layouts, though Kane will obviously be able to activate it if possible)

When adding links to text in this form, replacing ['s for the ('s: (url=http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk)FRA Forum(/url)

For example: FRA Forum

The link text isn't distinguishable from the body text. Might it be more user friendly if the link text is either underlined or coloured as in the last forum edition?

8. Also, not to take the mickey or anything, but I do miss the PM history thing that made it a lot easier to refer to what someone had told you, or you had told them 2 or more messages ago.

Overall I like the new look. A few things, though. Most likely my own incompetence:

-I don't know how to turn off the feature that automatically subscribes me to every thread I post in.

-I can't find an alternative to the "view active topics" button. The activity stream doesn't quite cut it, as it displays all posts, and so sort of repeats itself, often making it extremely long and hard to navigate.

Any help appreciated. :]

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by ewan View Post
    The link text isn't distinguishable from the body text.
    Link text in posts is now red.

Quote Originally Posted by Anttazz View Post
    I do miss the PM history thing that made it a lot easier to refer to what someone had told you, or you had told them 2 or more messages ago.
    Make sure you have the option "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    I don't know how to turn off the feature that automatically subscribes me to every thread I post in.
    This is the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" in General Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    I can't find an alternative to the "view active topics" button.
    Try the New Posts link. Or Today's Posts under the Quick Links menu
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Register To Comment