Register To Comment
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Team Psyclone: The Uprising (Of Build Diaries)

Perhaps this will suit your needs better:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Miller-Pneuma...item338cf37e5b

It might be low pressure and will require a slighty heavier setup (regulator for one) but will have enough power to flip and will leave a lot more playroom in your design.

Mario would be better suited to rate this item I guess, or anyone who ever build a flipper.

I'd need one of that bore (I'd assume), but I'd probably need a longer stroke, slightly. I'll find something, I always do haha.
    Thanks though, every little bit helps. Also, come up with a name for the bot. Mein Land. With the tag line, Wohin gest du? (If you can't tell, I'm a big fan of R+) Maybe I may name it Keine Lust. I guess I'll rethink my options.
    Last edited by TeamPsyclone; 9th August 2014 at 19:43.

rammstein, Mein hertz brennt

A longer stroke would mean more energy can be transferred as the amount of movement increases, the amount of co2 used will also increase.

Ah, I'm only saying because the robot is roughly 750-800mm from the bottom to the top of the flipper (Also the same height as the top of the robot. I've found one at 500mm stroke, how long, generally, are they with that kind of stroke? I don't really want to be putting chunks of material down to push a ram up, with how unstable that would be. I could use a shorter one, I suppose, if I angle the ram forwards a few degrees. Around 30 should do it, if my math is correct.

I'm terribly sorry, I just realised you were aiming for a HW.

Forget the item I listed, I assumed you were looking into a feather.

I should have mentioned, sorry, you weren't to know. Anyway, in case someone else wants this, as I'm going for shorter, here's a pretty big ram

Anyway, I've been scouring eBay for a good ram, and can't find any that are cheap enough, or the right size in general. It's near impossible to find 100mm bore, and 63 is the next best option to buy reliably. Would that be okay for a lifter/crusher, or is a 100mm bore a minimum?

For a HW flipper, you're looking at a 100mm bore 100mm stroke ram on FP.
    Or any other combination of stroke and bore using 45 liters CO2 inside a fraction of a second.

The original Bigger Brother used a 50*200 ram.. Gravity3 went way beyond, and used a 100*180. And that's a benchmark.

So, to get this straight, 50x200 is a good size, for something that would get things over, and self right? If so, that makes life so much cheaper and somewhat easier.

Running at what pressure?

Register To Comment