Register To Comment
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Pasty Build Diary: Loki

Ooh thanks Plargen (sorry not sure of your real name lol). Would these be suitable for HDPE as well?

i use the m6 version to bolt my motor mounts in and there 20mm thick hdpe

From what I've heard from another forum, they tend to be pulled from the HDPE, for some reason or another. I'll try and dig it back up. Might just be vs spinners, though, it was a little while ago. (And if I can't find it, just look for some of the stronger inserts, I feel I'll be using them, as the caps on M8 Bolts aren't amazing for ground clearance.)
    Last edited by TeamPsyclone; 24th June 2013 at 18:03.

ah there are other types the 1 that i have found that seems to work best are the 1s that look like a screw thread on the out side , the deeper the blades the better the grip in the materials the 1s that seem to pull out are a push/ hammer in version

these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-x-23mm-...item416c45366d

Ah, I see. A bit ironic, with the spear shape of the hammer ones, but I'd prefer the others anyway. Gives some space, and makes things flatter. And neater.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Any ideas as what material to use as skids? I made some wood ones but the tarmac just sanded them down to nothingness lol

i think nylon is suppose to be a good runner material

these would also do the job

http://www.technobotsonline.com/?sub...roducts.search

Been a busy roboteer today, I now have a working four bar mechanism Limit switch in the down position is working well, needs a slight adjustment.

I attempted to self right to see if it would, it failed the first time and then the MDF gave way and it had a bit of a rear end prolapse :S

Going to try making the rear bars longer to see if this will facilitate self righting.

But apart from that it seems to work well, here's a couple of videos of it topless (!), having a little run around.

And some photos:

The tape is a substitute for welding just to hold things together for the time being.

Register To Comment