Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting 2013 with a bang....Our News :-)

Starting 2013 with a bang....Robot Wars is back !!

So it's been a long time coming, but finally the time is here to announce our news!

Over the last two years we have been in negotiations with Robot Wars LLC, yes the TV show about joining forces. It has always been my dream to be in this position so as you can imagine its such a great opportunity to be get.

Although we are still not finished with paperwork which I had hoped to have finished by the start of the 2013 events, we have initiated the transition period... so I can now announce that the Roaming Robots / Robots: Extreme Wars Live brand will soon be disappearing from the public eye.

In replacement will be the brand ... Robot Wars. !!!!

We have a signed a franchise deal which means we will be working closely with Robot Wars LLC and promoting the Robot Wars brand as our show and hopefully this means the future looks very bright for our hobby!

Not only will we become Robot Wars, but with it come the rights to use the House Robots if we can find them. Or even make replicas if needed.

Maybe you will see Sir Killalot working with Major Damage in the arena and then you need to be scared !!

Hopefully you will join us in 2013 and help us show TV world what they are missing out on, believe me eyes will be watching all of our events this year so it is important that you help yourselves secure a better future by helping us make the events the best we can !!! We all want it back on TV, and this is hopefully a positive step towards it.

Over the next few events you will see things changing as our current brand disappears and we take over the Robot Wars brand, its going to be a slow process as we fit everything in with my current work load. House Robots, Arena Changes, New YouTube, Facebook and Website.... I have all sorts of new and exciting things planned in 2013 to fit in with our new direction. Watch this space !

Once we get the paper work finalised which hopefully will be very soon I will be in touch with some more info about the future and specifically what it means to robot world.

You won€™t notice much changing for Barnsley apart from some subtle branding change, if you have any questions catch me while i have a few minutes and I will do my best to answer them.

John
    Roaming Robots

Who are Robotwars LLC? I googled them and all I get is some Legal argument and addresses in New York.

But its awesome news either way!

I would so love to restore Dead Metal or SGT Bash!

Good news jonno well done, you getting philipa Forrester aswell ;-)

yay bring back shunt and growler

Actually I can see one problem... Where are we going to get the money for a Heavyweight Spinner proof arena? Or will we just not go there?

But it would be awesome if I could take Conker and Binky to 100kg!

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon
    Who are Robotwars LLC? I googled them and all I get is some legal argument and addresses in New York.
    Robot Wars Limited Liability Company is the rights holding company for Robot Wars, created by the judge in the legal case between Mark Thorpe & his commercial partner. They have an office in New York & a subsidary in London.

To be quite frank, about time Robot Wars LLC got off their backsides, using their trademarks and started doing something!

Excellent news though. Looking forward to seeing the new Robot Wars. Don't forget to get Craig Charles to record some links.

One problem I can see though - The logo belongs to Mentorn...

This is excellent news, I know Jonno'll do very well with this and having a more recognisable brand on the shows can only increase audiences

(I would kind of like the old logo back too, but can't have everything XD)

Register To Comment