Register To Comment
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

hopefully they will work out OK but you never know how they are going to be until you try them.
    I don't know if the output shaft is that well designed for direct connection to the wheels even with the hub plate you can get for them. to get 10mph out of them the wheel diameter would be about 350mm similar to Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by craig_colliass View Post
    Many thanks for the information, I have just ordered one and will see what its like.

Attachment 5014

Above is my first attempt at Pneumatic Muscle. the initial results are quite promising.
    Operating pressures seem low about 40-60psi
    Contraction is around 15-20 % of effective length, and the force though not measured, is sufficient to over power my or anyone's ability to stop it, so far. the diameter is 15mm and length just over 100mm.

I hope to take it to Maidstone so if you are there we can show anyone who is interested.

Craig
    Not that it's a competition Craig but mine's bigger! :

I resisted it Craig... Nice to see something different

Everyone's in on the act!!

Looks good what is it for?
    Specification?
    weight lifted
    overall length
    stroke
    pressure.

I am thinking of making one for a weapon actuator just to see how it dose

and Dave yes you were the only one who tried to stop it and did.

I made it just for testing to see if I could power a weapon with it, maybe a lifter or grabber.
    It's made the same way as yours but with a regular bike inner tube (about 30mm diameter), 450mm long and has a stroke of around 80mm which is a bit pathetic! Braided hose goes from 30 to 45mm. In that video it is lifting around 100lbs at which point we ran out of weights to put on it. Looked like it could lift a bit more but as more load it put on it contacts less.
    Was running at around 80psi but there was a leak somewhere so that kept dropping rapidly.
    The encaps were made from aluminium and had a groove machined into them to provide more grip for the jubilee clip.

I wonder if you used stainless steel braided hose if you could run off full pressure CO2? Wouldn't want to be around during testing though!
    Last edited by Max; 3rd December 2014 at 12:38.

Started some modification to Gabriel I have got to fit different motor gearbox types into the robot, brackets made up, but need drilling in the right place, but I don't want to do this until I have the sprockets machined to fit, as it never pays to guess these things.

IMG_0845.jpg

The wheel axles have been moved further back by about 45mm this should give the robot more counterbalance force this in turn should make the hammer weapon more effective. I hope to get the major part set up by the end of January.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The sprockets have now been machined and fit well on the output shafts on the gearboxes, they are fitted in reverse this is to bring the load closer to the output shaft bearing, reducing the load on the bearing.
    Axle robots tends to kill transmissions quickly, so any help in design is always going to help reliability.

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

I have been doing a little bit more on the pneumatic walker project.

IMG_0858.jpg
    As you can see on the above picture the actuator basic size has been fixed at about 80mm long in total this gives an unloaded contraction of just over 10mm. the actuator is anchored via 8mm bolts one of them has a hole drilled through for the pneumatic fitting this makes the construction of the actuators simple.
    the problem I still have to address is the air leaks where the clips are they aren't big, but I have to reduce leaks to a minimum to get the robot to move at any useful speed.

IMG_0859.jpg
    The valves I hope to use are 5 way with an actuating arm on the top, like a micro switch. The main reason for this is speed, the gait time should be less than one second I don't think a solinoid v/v will like operating 300 times in one fight!

IMG_0860.jpg
    The compressor has been stripped down and a pressure control switch fitted I don't like the arrangement at the moment as the relay tends to feather causing it to get hot more work needed on this I think.

An industrial solenoïd of a pneumatic valve, like Festo or SMC, can handle 10 actions a second and more.
    (at my work, programmed minimum response time is 50 milliseconds)

That the rest of the setup can have problems with that is another matter.

Register To Comment