Register To Comment
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

Using the 5 way and 3 way connectors the robot E-Knock (Tron) is wired up.

IMG_0984.jpg

I do hope they work as they are so easy to use, and for those setting off making feathers, to be able to connect and disconnect easily, must be better for all.

The 3 way (4 off) are configured,
    1/power from speed controller
    2/power to front motor
    3/power to the rear motor

The 5 way (2 off) are configured,
    1/ power from the link
    2/ power to speed controller 1
    3/ power to speed controller 2
    4/ power to the BEC
    5/ power to the LED

I used them in the first scruffy they handled the 2 motors and actuator fine

Gabriel
    Both gearboxes suffered the same fate.
    IMG_1032.jpg

Hi I'm looking for information on this robot. BB8

I know there are a few people who have connections in the Astro-Droid community. and am asking for any help you can give me please.

The bottom line is I sold Spiderbot and my youngest daughter was a little upset (to say the least!) and I said I would make something she could drive and I know she would love this.

The information I require is basic,
    The dimensions of the base sphere and the head dome
    The Droid stuff are the details used on this one similar to the R2D2 Droids
    The colours type of paint used and stuff like this.
    Information on suppliers of these parts would be fantastic.
    I have joined the Astro Droid forum too. but they don't know me, you lot do.

Naturally I have no intention of infringing copyright or anything else. I also understand some information may not be shared on an open forum. so PM me if this is better for you, no information regarding this project will be shared without permission.

thanks in anticipation

Craig

Obviously I'm not well-versed on copyright infringement but I'd assume that unless you were using it for profit, you should be alright. Oliver Steeples from the Antweight community has had a full replica R2-D2 for years that he made, and rather than being hit for copyright claims, he was employed by Star Wars to make and (presumably) operate R2 in the new movie

BB-8 is a great droid and has been the subject of much debate on the Internet as to how it all works. I don't have any answers to the questions you posed, but I'm looking forward to seeing this project progress. Good luck with it!

I agree with Jamie, so long as its non-profit or neutral (ie you can sell parts at the price it costs you to make them) the you are all good.

I personally think all the control is in the lower ball with magnets to hold the top in place and make it turn etc, but there are many different theories.

This would me my guess as to how it works :L http://xkcd.com/413/

Hypothetically, isn't that just a self balancing robot in two dimensions?
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballbot

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    I personally think all the control is in the lower ball with magnets to hold the top in place and make it turn etc, but there are many different theories.
    Indeed there are. I personally think the head has omni-directional drive control, as the head can move a certain amount with the body remaining still, and is restrained magnetically to the ball, with a magnetic dome (think like an umbrella) inside the large ball. That itself is then connected to some sort of vehicle inside the ball providing the main drive. But there's a guy on Youtube building his own version based on the idea that the ball is completely empty and the head balances like most heavy objects on a pole etc:

You could claim to use the design under "fair use". Essentially as the others have said, no profit and just for funsies then it should be fine.

https://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/c...t/p09_fair_use

With regards to the movement of the machine itself, it appeared from the trailers to be completely computer generated as far as I could see so transporting this to real life may be a bit tricky.

Register To Comment