Register To Comment
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

Still carrying on with the Walker project. there always seems so much stuff to put in the robot when you decide to do a walker! where to put everything is a real pain!!

IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg

Parallel to this I'm developing a new weapon system for the walker, I'm doing this in tandem, as if making a walker wasn't enough. the design is progressing well and the pneumatic actuator has performed well I'm hoping to develop a reliable sword or axe actuator for the walker, if it works the way I'm hoping it will be fun!

IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg

Some pipework for the walker looks like a Monty Python type thing!

IMG_2187.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg

Three Dr Peppers! that should spice things up a bit!!!

Please don't be fooled by this I am designing probably the most powerful Featherweight axe/sword robot ever made. the bottles 2Ltrs each are connected by 22mm diameter copper tube, the flow rate through the proposed valve means the sword will work at maximum efficiency through out it's travel.

Ah but I've said too much!!!!!

IMG_2196.jpg

Hi I have just got this email and wondered if anyone else has received anything similar.

Dear Mr Colliass,

I am writing in the hope that you are the same Mr Craig Colliass of Team Saint in Robot Wars. Bear with me as this may seem like an unusual request, but I think it will make sense by the end.

My name is Kent Boehm and I am the Head of Research at The Meikle Files, an organisation dedicated to the study of human high performance. I am writing to enquire as to whether you would be willing to participate in short interview with our founder and CEO, Andrew Meikle.

Andrew has spent much of the past 25 years travelling the world, interviewing people who have achieved extraordinary results in their field, or those who have insight into the philosophies and psychology of high performance, or great expertise in their field. He has invested much effort into studying human endeavours that are in one or more ways remarkable or unique.

This pursuit has involved interviews with leaders like Nelson Mandela, scientists such as Richard Dawkins and Nobel Laureate Brian Schmidt, adventurers like Sir Edmund Hillary as well as athletes, futurists, law enforcement professionals and leading business figures among others. Andrew has also studied high performance environments such as NASA, The Royal College of Music in London, Harvard Business School, The Juilliard School of Performing Arts and many of the world’s leading universities and schools.

Andrew will be in Oxford from the 30th of July until the 6th of August, and part of my job is to find interesting and unique people for him to speak to. Your name came up in an article about Robot Wars and I was hoping you might be willing to chat about the competition in general and perhaps show him the robot. He would be interested in your motivation and some information about the competition, and what drives you to invest your time into the hobby. I think there is a unique take on high performance here and I would like Andrew to explore it with the people who are involved at a grassroots level.

It would take less than an hour and would be conversational in format.

Thank you so much for your time. Feel free to reply with any additional questions you may have about our work.

Kind Regards,

Kent Boehm

Sounds interesting but a little unusual even in my world!

"Human high performance"... smells of Cybermen to me! ;P No but seriously, this sounds quite interesting, and I hope it goes well if you decide to take part. You should show them the walker, that'd raise a few eyebrows no doubt.

this looked interesting has anyone used this type of thing before?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-High-To...cAAOSwvgdW3-Zl

Ooo, nice find *delves in for some research*

Thats a nice unit!

That is an impressive test, does anyone know were the tester got that output coupling for the unit I might use one of those if I could get the coupling too it looks to have the necessary flat in it rather than relying on a grub screw.

Register To Comment