Register To Comment
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

I know Tomy made a Remote Thomas that could produce safe steam from water.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170972644151

Not a very good picture but you can see the GWS PG-03 GYRO, fitted to the robot this has helped in the straight line control.

I am still looking for a smoke thing but could not bring myself to bid against some mother for the Thomas tank engine on Ebay.

There are a few small things I need to do to finish off the project but nearly there now.

Hi I'm still doing a little on Cherub,
    I have been trying to find a motor gearbox for the lifter, I think I have found something cheap that will do. It is off a chair lift mechanism I think.
    24V DC motor with a worm drive gearbox output speed about 40rpm 25mm shaft,

The robot is quite small so getting it in place means moving the speed controller again!

As you can see the gearbox will come above the top of the robot so I will have to modify it to get the lid on.
    In the background a few 36v packs to power it!

After many years of faithful service from the SLA batteries, I have decided to try some Nicads I have 4 complete sets of dry cells in the garage and still haven't used any of them in a heavy.
    This means a complete re-wire which was due anyway.
    I have managed to hurt my neck yesterday so I am not sure if I will finish the conversion by the weekend so I might have to revert to SLA for Portsmouth.

I am starting to make up bits for the new Saint.

This picture shows the motor gearbox assembly with the top and bottom brackets fitted I want to get the drives sorted out before I finish anything else.

Hope to Keep you informed on this project.

Sweet looking build Craig.

Mikes done a very nice job of those gearboxes from the looks of things!

Thanks Leo, Grant you are so right I am hoping they will work well in the new Saint the final ratio will be about 40:1 this will give a torque at the hub of 1,084Nm or 110.6Kgf/m discounting transmission losses.
    With motors total power of 7.6Hp I'm hoping to swing the 14Lbs sledge hammer head quite fast.

Looking forward to doing some work on the robots this weekend

I have the new motors for Kettlebot,
    and I hope to fit the lift motor into Cherub,
    the Saint Speed controller is away being fixed and I hope to get Seraph going again after the fire!
    If I have the time. :shock:
    Pictures to follow

Register To Comment