Register To Comment
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

Bosch 750w motors, I have to glue in some magnets has anyone got advice on the correct glue and procedure for this task,
    Thanks.

I'm looking to make a powered gyro for a none combat type project I was thinking of using an out runner and having the disc secured to the outside of the motor case using the output shaft as a steady with an appropriate bearing to support it, gyro would be about 600grams, speed over 12000rpm. any ideas for a good reliable motor and speed controller for the job?
    thanks
    Craig

Size/weight limitations?

Would point towards the NTM Pylon motor and either ZTW spider or Afro 30a if it's a smaller project, or one of the Turnigy Helistar motors with a 200A Red Brick if there aren't really any size or weight limits. The latter would want at least 6s but the former would only need 4s

Used both in spinners and they're very torquey motors in that application so shouldn't have any trouble with 600g at 1:1

No size or weight limitations start up acceleration ramp can be 20seconds or more! and no breaking required. those seem a little bit on the big side for a gyro are they used in feathers or Beetle?

Oh this will spin it up in like two seconds haha

I have used the Pylon in my Beetleweight Mercury in testing and the Helistar in my Featherweight Overdrive- they both accelerate to max speed in a second or two (Overdrive got to a 13,000 theoretical in ~2.5 seconds or so with a 2.2kg drum) so you could easily get away with smaller motors I suppose... Just got to consider the startup torque so they don't cog too badly haha

How big would the weight be, diameter wise? I have an absolute ton of NTM 28-30s I could do a bit of testing on/ send some across if they'd be handy along with appropriate speed control? Still owe you one for all those offcuts from Manchester last year haha!

Not much bigger than 125mm diameter 500-600grams ideally something that will run about 3-4s or12-14.4v NiMH Oh BTW you don't owe me

If its just a flywheel with little air resistance and good bearings you'd easily get away with something around 100W or so. If its a 1:1 attachment you'll want something around 1000kv, 100-200W, and 3-4S.

sounds good can you recommend a motor (out runner) and ESC for a direct drive like I say it doesn't need a break or a fast spin up time as I don't "Do Brushless" normally. thanks

What is considered the best UBEC it's just to run the radio in my robot but I am looking for a good reliable one thanks

Roboteer

Last edited by kane; 22nd September 2017 at 00:45.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Register To Comment