Register To Comment
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

IMGA5782.JPG

IMGA5783.JPG

IMGA5784.JPG

Above are the A123 packs that will now power Cherub they are2* 4P 4S, so together they work out at 26+ volts and a lot of amps! I just don't know why I didn't fit them in the first place, they fit a treat.

Jamie I will find out the manufacturers of the gearboxes, I think they are Spanish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi
    I have the details for the Drive gearbox and the lift motor.

Jamie
    The Gearboxes for the wheel drive are made by a company called, Pujol from Spain.
    The model number is LAC40/10/120-11.
    Ratio 10:1
    Let me know if you find a supplier as I may need spares one day
    The motors are Bosch 750W 24V.

Dave
    The motor gearbox for the lifter is from a stair lift.
    Made by Electric Motor Developments. EMD
    The model number is PM63/50-VC24-GB2-75-1BK
    RPM 37, the final drive via chain is reduction 2.5:1
    This gives the total drive ratio as 187.5:1 reduction, lifting arm length 250mm
    This is the same manufacturer for the motors in Seraph, Pilgrim, Spiderbot and the weapon motor in Gabriel.
    Worm drive Gearboxes are very bad as far as efficiency is concerned I would think this one is no more than 45% but the advantage is the capacity to handle loads of torque in a small box and most of all for this application they can't be "back or load driven" so no need for a brake.

Just looked up the specification for the EMD gearbox and it is 70%! I am surprised it is that high!!

IMGA5799.JPGIMGA5800.JPGIMGA5801.JPG

Something a little different, I decided walking round the pits at shows is "OLD SCHOOL"
    So I am making a Roboteer transporter.
    The way it works is basically a sack truck, that is powered by an electric motor the steering is via the rear wheels. you stand on the plate on the front and let the electric motor do the work.

lol already beat you to it

Yep
    Looks a little difficult to control,especially in a pit area. the idea of my one is you are standing up on it. and it moves with a serene effortless gliding motion. I might even put lights on it, I will get Ian from Team Shock to advise he is so good with subtle.

Saw a similar thing in the states but a guy was using two scalextric controllers to control it. Basically had one controlling each side of a trolley. Great idea, if you can fit it in the car/van with everything else

Quote Originally Posted by craig_colliass View Post
    I will get Ian from Team Shock to advise he is so good with subtle.
    A double-edged compliment if ever I heard one!

Just knock-up a couple for transporting heavies about while you're about it and i'll buy you a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by craig_colliass View Post
    Yep
    Looks a little difficult to control,especially in a pit area. the idea of my one is you are standing up on it. and it moves with a serene effortless gliding motion. I might even put lights on it, I will get Ian from Team Shock to advise he is so good with subtle.
    it was originally designed as a powered trolley, i even have a tipper top for it

cant wait to see yours going it should easily shift more than 4 people as that mobility scooter axle/motor looks more powerful that the 1 i was using

Register To Comment