Register To Comment
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Microbots Build Diary

Or you could use a Mass Spectrometer.....

Should get 600kg out of an overvolted one but probably not that much force at the tip due to mechanical loss etc, but even after that wont be half bad

I spark tested it, IIRC It's not ti

More like 900kg

I was under the impression it was titanium, but from what's been said it's not sounding likely, in which case I apologise.

Well, been a while since the last update, Project X is now retired. After realising that it had many faults, I decided to rebuild it, and for one last fling, I took it to the RoboChallenge open day and let Troublesome 2 finish it off (vid on my channel). The new model will be smaller, run off of a pair of LiPos and have steel plating instead of 10mm HDPE on top. As for Skyfall, the buying stage of the parts can start soon, now that my mum is happy I know enough about LiPos now . Updates on that to follow. On another note, I have successfully bought Chuck off Shane and will be running it at all future events.

Fantastic! I always thought Chuck was a brilliant machine. Fast, tough, brilliantly tactical weapon. We had it in one of our rounds at the GSL back in April, I wasn't looking forward to it...

Shame about Project X. The change to LiPo will rocket the performance though! And this time, give it an extra mm of clearance, haha.

Look forward to it mate. I want to see documentation of everything!

Damage pics on Project X:

Cause of damage:

Well, the idea was a spinner proof robot...
    And it half-worked, the body was written off, but all 6 motors were still going at the end of the day, it just couldn't move because all of the HDPE on the top and bottom was bend up above the wheels . A new 6WD full body hammer is required, smaller, LiPo powered, and lotsa steel! Will be keeping the 40mm HDPE too; it may not be the strongest stuff, but no spinner is going to go through that, the best both 720 & Troublesome did was take about 2-3mm off the side. Add a steel plate onto that and bingo, steel box of inpenetrability .

Register To Comment