Register To Comment
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Team Microbots Build Diary

I'll just leave this here
    Thanks to Mario for making them!

I have always wanted to make my drive wheels like that! Is that what is going in Skyfall or in the 6WD pusher?

These are for Skyfall. The 6WD pusher (Ricochet) will use six 18v Gimsons on a 22.2v LiPo.

So THAT'S their destiny! Awesome! I have watched their progress over the past month or so and they are indeed very nice.

BotBitz ESCs arrived, material being cut soon!

Update:

She is a lot smaller than before!

Looking good. I can see you have moved the wheels so she won't steer like a pendulum. Have you solved the battery problem yet?

The battery-flying-out-and-hitting-the-polycarb problem came about because the person responsible for making the brackets ingnored my instructions and only made them for widthways on the battery rather than widthways and lengthways, as a result, it slid out when the robot self-righted.
    Anyway, I rigged up Ricochet for it's first test run:

Only a quick test run. It's running on the two old 5000mAh 12v NiMHs in the video, it will be upgraded to a 3S LiPo for the champs so it will run faster and have more torque. She has more ground clearance than before, so she won't get stuck on eveything. The rest of the parts (including all the 30mm HDPE bulkheads) are cut and ready to bolt on, but due to a calculation error, the motors need adjusting to fit it all on. There are plans afoot to make 3.2mm Hardox scoops for both ends before the champs, and also plans to upgrade the motors to 18v Gimsons GR02's and run them on a 6S LiPo. It will be crazy fast and have insane pushing power, and that's what the aim of the robot was in the first place!
    PS. Someone fix that damn YouTube embedding problem, it's driving me mad!

Quote Originally Posted by MicroGravity100
    There are plans to upgrade the motors to 18v Gimsons GR02's and run them on a 6S LiPo.
    If you have built it around GR01's you will struggle to get the GR02s to work without changing so much you may as well make a new machine.

I wanted to do that in Conker but not only are the mount holes completely different but as its 5mm thinner in each direction the wheels would no longer sit along the central plane of the robot.

We changed to GR02's in Binky and I have had to resort to 3D printing custom brackets top make up for all the inconsistent reference points.

Besides a 6WD 24V GR02 machine is on my build list so hands off

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon
    Besides a 6WD 24V GR02 machine is on my build list so hands off

Register To Comment