Register To Comment
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

That Sabertooth's gonna blow. Seriously, get a Scorpion XXL or something, so much better.

Provided you take care of them them are fine. MMM has run one for years with no issues. That and I am not forking out any more money. I got it for basically nothing so if it does blow then no hard done.

So I have in my stock x2 gr01's a 100mm actuator and the sabretooth only used for testing! Make me an offer

You might have them yourself already of course

Got 2 of those actuators and enough TZ85A's if anything breaks.

Sweet

Managed to get a long way in one day now I have started to work on building my first non-spinner featherweight.

Crusher 01 Unnamed.JPG 2015-01-11 16.48.22.jpg

Had some odd things thrown at me that I didn't expect, but are all down to me not paying attention.

The 10mm HDPE base is 8mm thick, not a big issue. The side armour is 0.9 inches or 22.8mm, not the 20 like I ordered/assumed it would be.

The main issue is that what I thought was a block of HDPE for the side armour is actually Nylon 66. Given its not going against spinners it shouldn't shatter but its a bit of a pain and it has me slightly worried. It was originally intended as the base of a pneumatic machine that ended up being abandoned.

I can't decide if I should mill everything down to the 20mm its supposed to be or just leave the pieces as they are. Given the machine weighs just 9Kg in CAD, without the claw, I have loads to play with but at some point it needs a Srimec so pocketing out each piece will probably happen eventually anyway.

The claw will be fun to make. Initially just 2 sheets of 3mm mild steel welded into a tapered point, I hope that eventually I can make one out of a solid piece of steel so its stupidly strong and it will get me to practice my milling turn table skills.

Yes, it does say that on the Direct Plastics website. I just remember it being 5% over sized not 15%, but hey, at least I have options.

Plastics can always retain water, try drying it out, might help a bit.

Register To Comment