Register To Comment
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

Yeh they're pretty slow, only about 2.2krpm. Most people run them on 24v so 4.4krpm. They're deceptively powerful aswell. As for the screw no fan motors I've ever seen have screws so I can't comment. What fan motor do you have?

It's from a vauxhall vivaro van

BItzaMK2 runs on 24v and we get plenty of rpm.

I do believe they also have advanced magnets, so will spin much faster one way than the other.
    Never seen one with a screw on the shaft!

How did the fan motors you've had been attached to the fan assembly then? My motor seems to go equally fast in either direction, maybe I have an odd one!

The fan was held on with 3 bolts, these were tightened into three threads on a triangular arm that was attached the to shaft.

We just took the fan off, and mounted the one way bearing from the bike to the three holes. Simples!

I know some people weld sprockets clean on also.

I've been working on trax (fw tracked robot) today which uses wiper motors . The problem is I am not sure how to attach anything onto the output shaft (small threaded shaft) currently I have a bit of steel rod with a tapped hole to screw onto the shaft and then a horizontal hole for a split pin to go through and a corresponding hole on the wiper shaft. But my split pin keeps snapping and I've tried a small bolt and that just snapped as well. How do most people attach anything to these shafts?

have you seen the way they attached the wheels to the motors in the real robots books in rex's section

Just had a little look at that but I can't see how he stops the wheel unscrewing when the motor is reversed?

i drilled a hole through the shaft and used a bolt to hold the wheel to it.

the hole in the lever arm that's attached to the motor has lots of grooves like on the shaft so it doesnt spin so if u can imitate that or modify the original lever arm and attach it

Register To Comment