Register To Comment
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

I don't call $99 cheap!

for the equivalent scorpion its £300+

Looking at my pneumatic flipper I have a little bit of gas in my co2 bottle and I attached my Trevor reg and a pressure gauge but the regulator seemed to be leaking as there was a hissing sound and a drop in pressure. Anyone any ideas what's wrong?

That motor may be cheap but I doubt you would ever actually see it after all the stuff I have heard and read about Hobbyking, and if something goes wrong with it you can forget getting a replacement or any kind of customer service...

Scorpion may be expensive but you get the best, and their equivalent motor, going by weight, is way more than $300...

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/m ... _7050_340/

its $1000!

If I had the money I would buy that to go in LS4, just to see what would happen

All that power yet they only provide you with M4 bolts for attaching the motor faceplate to stuff
    I'm sure the Nipper guys have got a motor of that physical size (not the Scorpion one, might be more like the Turnigy one) in Buzzbar already, and it was enough to throw itself and Alpha to opposite sides of the outer polycarb screens from the centre of the arena

15000 watt!!
    holey Moley

For anyone who doeant know this is a (very blurry) picture of my robot centrifuge:
    [attachment=0:33v81jaz]centrifuge pic.jpg[/attachment:33v81jaz]

It didnt do very well at the champs so i am planning centrifuge II. I have weighed the top pannel and it came to 4.5 kg and i reckon the bottom one much be around 3kg meaning i have 7.5 kilos just in base plate and lid (and invertable wheels). the new version wont hav ethe motr sticking out the top and so wont need the wheels so that should save some weight to go into the bar. But i want to try and save as much weight as possible to go into a heavy fan motor and a much heavier bar. So i want to change the 3mm steel lid and base to a different lighter material. It needs to be strong because it has that massive overhang going to the bar and so will have a lot of force going through it in impacts and just from being hit by other robots.
    My question is what material shall i go fo the new lid and base? ive thought of polycarb but dont know what thickness, or 10-15mm hdpe or some aluminium but i doubt that will be strong enough. I have thought of titanium but it seems very expensive even at cheap ebay prices but i am open to suggestions on other materials.
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    or some aluminium but i doubt that will be strong enough
    Works for NST :wink:

Aluminium would be fine. You could possibly use HDPE, although the flexibility and lack of rigidity could cause problems. But if it was thick enough it could be okay; The Toonimator used a car fan motor powering a 2kg disc (same type as Inertia XL) and its top and bottom disc support plates were wood!

If using HDPE, I'd be tempted to stick a couple of small blocks of Nylon onto the top and bottom at the points where the shaft will be, just to pad it out slightly and maybe offer more support for the shaft. But then, I've never built a horizontal bar spinner so may not know what I'm talking about

I've got hold of a fan motor and have tried to take it out of the housing and kind of failed, does anyone know if the screw in the end of the shaft is a reverse bolt or standard one?
    I've had it spinning up on a 12v battery but I'm not that impressed, it seems quite slow relative to something like a speed 900 and doesn't look that powerful, do most people find they are fairly slow but need little gearing down?
    I also got some samples of the celite material eventorizen was looking into and it seems very strong, but I doubt I cold afford a whole sheet but perhaps later on i could look into splitting up a piece with someone else over even a few people depending on how much I want. If I can't afford it I will go for Ali lid and base

Register To Comment