Register To Comment
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

the relay would weld together

What if I used a solid state relay

Its probably just as cheap to use a battleswitch-relay setup that is proven to work.

I am trying to charge 2 12v 7.2ah sla batteries, but my charger has other ideas!
    For one it says battery low voltage, which the manual says means I have input the wrong number of cells but I haven't. When I measured the voltage with a multi meter it says it's 14v so defiantly not too low.
    The other says circuit break, but there defiantly isn't a break in the connectors as its the same setup for both batteries, however when I measure the voltage of that battery it says it's only 4v rather than 12v.

Adam anyone help?

If a SLA is showing 4v then its knackerd. They should only show 14volts when charging, what charger are you using?

Yep 4volts is bad and the charger will just cut out. Your only chance is to tell the charger its a 4cell nicd and charging just to get the volts up,then go to 5 cells then 6 etc untill the voltage is around 12v, then go back to SLA charging. Might work it has for me in the past but the ah might not be what it should be.

As I am rebuilding my flipper I wondered if I should make it front hinged?
    But I don't see how it would be effective as you wouldn't get much movement at the front so wouldn't send a robot very far?
    What are the advantages of front hinged over rear hinged?

Awesome self right from a front hinged, that's reason enough surely?!

Much easier to aim your attacks. With a rear hinged, unless you're driving forwards, the robot could go more or less anywhere. With a front hinged you can deliberately send a robot somewhere, i.e., the pit, oota, etc.

It might not be so spectacular but I have always thought they're more controlled and strategic than rears. Think of Firestorm's success, and Envy's success! And Mute's general coolness. Andx2 the smooth self-righting. :P

If you design it well getting other robots to sit high enough on the arm for them to topple shouldn't be much of a problem.

Edit: and if nothing else, you'll be praised (at least in my book) for doing something a little different with a pneumatic system.

You have to have a good drive system for a front hinged, drills or similar are no good. Keep the wedge angle as low as possible.

Register To Comment