Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 off speed 900

Im after a pair of speed 900's

I dont mind buying brand new if someone can suggest a good source... i found this on an old thread posted by jamie;
    http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/aca ... _6373.html

...but whats the difference between those... and these;
    http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/900-b ... 066-0.html

i know theres alot of fakes going around, and they all have very similar names....

If someone can reccomend a good supplier or confirm one of the above links to be a genuin article id apreciate it.

Regards
    Mouldy

sussex model centre sell geuine ones at a price of £37 ea

I still don't trust that description on the Westbourne Models website, as it mentions nothing about Graupner or the 'Speed' range of motors, so I'd question whether they are still the genuine component (regardless of what picture they've used)

I can confirm though that Cornwall Model Boats link is genuine. Really quick delivery from there as well considering it's at the complete other end of the country from me, so I was quite impressed. Doubt you'll find them for much cheaper than that either anymore.

What project are they destined for, if you don't mind me asking, or is it secret for now?

the cornwell model boat place is out of stock Jamie...

And the reason im changing to speed 900s is because i want to make my own gearbox's as im limited with the dewalts... i either go supersonic speed and blow everything up, or run in low gear with 1/3rd of the speed.... but i can stand on the robot and drive around... idealy i want something in the middle... so im making a 9:1 reduction box for the speed 900s... they seem to last a bit better then dewalts.

Ill get them from sussex.. thanks for the tip.

i'm never goign to buy anything from westbourne again after the speed 900s incident

sold under the name of the speed 900s but just a copy, took months to get the right ones as like always they are on back order and these fake ones were being sold instead. when i rang up the first time they said becuase most of their customers use them for rc boats they only need one of spec cant remember what maybe rpm not sure but still not very good

on the plus side i got a speed 900 for the price of one of imtations about £31

ordered 2 from sussex...£74.50 delivered... fingers crossed i dont get an sorry were out of stock e-mail...

Just got an e-mail from Sussex... Currently out of stock anyone else got anymore?

Another place I got them from was Redbank Models, but I just tried to visit their website to post a link and their domain seems to have been hacked and is currently re-directing to some malware-ridden site. Will keep an eye open for other places.

cheers jamie... i just paid 100 for 2 from http://www1.conrad-uk.com

will have to see what comes of it.

Regards
    Dave

If your making your own gearboxes Dave can't you just attach the Dewalts?

Register To Comment