Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: co2 tank

Yes but you'd be better off getting one with a on/off valve otherwise you'll need to buy an adapter

Both are perfectly useable as on/off valves for paintball CO2 bottles .

As far as I know, not readely.
    Roaming Robots had/has a supply of these valves.

No, and yes.

No, it isn't something available off the shelf. Most valves/systems are ment to be added between the normal bottle ,and the installation that has to be isolated by electrical means

Yes, but it will take some work.
    You could add a strong RC servo to the on/off knob of a paintball bottle valve. A linak triggering a fire-extinguisher valve. Or a motor with huge reduction ratio to a screw valve of a normal CO2 bottle.
    You could adapt a Burkert 5404 to act as a valve on the bottle, if you add the burst disk that is legaly mandated on any CO2 (and NO2) bottle.

On the other hand, it's not the smartest thing to do.
    I have tought about it for the first FP setups I did make. But there isn't an advantage to it. If you use that main valve as controle valve for the weapon, you can't use a buffertank. It will work, but with a huge cost in efficiency. Less weapon actions, and a lot more freezing in the system, making it less reliable.
    Also, I ask following question. You put in the bottle, attach the coupling to the bottlevalve, and plug in the electricity. Then you put in the link. What happens if the system triggers the electric valve? With a manual valve you have the option to gas up slowely.
    That is why fire extinguisher valves with locking devices are frowned upon, and the switch on/off -press button valves on paintball bottles ain't seen yet.

In the end it's up to the event organiser to allow such a novel approach.

ok thanks every one for the help! and im probably going to use the tank I said about before (if i actuly get round tobulding the pnumatics system..) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 97.c0.m619
    this converter, and all i need for a basic fp system is a solonoid valve and a ram??? if so, and sugestions on a light weight solonoid valve??? and who could make me a light weight fp ram??? or any body know where i could get pnumatic/hidralic ram thats the right size?(this is probably for a beetle weight btw) thanks!

i'd say it's almost impossible to build a bw fp pneumatic flipper, a burkert 5404 weighs 660 grams and i don't know of any lighter valve up for the job. ram wise mario could probably make you a ram or kenny

Register To Comment