Register To Comment

Thread: im new and i need help on the sizes and weight of a featherw

1) make a difference of a title for a tread, or a new posting.
    2) Be realistic

Go antweight. Or come over and paint my mum in laws log cabine trice.

It's very possible to make a feather in £200, I did it but don't expect to win anything. My £200 feather had one event and I thought it was so awful that I could do better so built a second

Bitza was £100 and is ranked 10th!

I think we got lucky though.......

its quite easy to do a robot on £200 if you start with an 'old school' speedo, you could even put a basic weapon on or use better radio gear

If you want to buy a ready made featherweight robot then there is one here viewtopic.php?f=166&t=4309&start=15

160 quid and all you will need is a charger.

Definitely agree with Gary there, even if its just so you can get involved and see how it all works etc. As you might guess the one Will is selling will be no world beater, but it'll get you to events and show you how it all works etc.

If you decide after a few events that you feel you want to attempt/can afford something better then you could always put it back up for sale or run it as a second bot.

If you decide to build something yourself though you will get plenty of help on here no doubt.

There's a charger for sale for £30:

viewtopic.php?f=166&t=4362

So add that to the featherweight robot available for £160 and you'll still have £10 change. That's a pretty good deal in robotics.

To be honest if you want to buy a bot then go for that machine. You are lucky to have such an offer on the table. Usually the advice given is, buy some drills, some speedos, a transmitter and some material and do it yourself.

Register To Comment