Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combat Robot Hall of Fame - nominations 2011

In August of odd-numbered years the Combat Robot Hall of Fame opens for nomination of new members. Yes, I'm a few days early this time, but I thought I'd best get to it while I had a bit of free time.

Entry into the Hall is based on popular vote from the robot community. Notice of open nomination is placed on robot combat discussion forums in the UK and US. Robots considered for nomination should be evaluated on:

• Dominating success in combat

• Pioneering or perfecting influential designs

• Having great fan or entertainment appeal, or

• Otherwise making a lasting impact on the sport

UK robots 'Envy', 'Iron Awe 5', and 'TerrorHurtz' were elected to the Hall in 2009, with 'Beauty 2' coming close and achieving 'honorable mention' status. Robots listed as 'honorable mention' remain eligible for promotion to full member status

You may nominate as many robots as you wish on your ballot, but please do cast only a single ballot. Send your nominations to: sheeppaper@gmail.com by 8 AM GMT on August 11th, 2011.

Robots appearing on at least 50% of the ballots received will be admitted to the Hall. Robots appearing on between 25% and 50% of the ballots will receive honorable mention. Both active and 'retired' robots are eligible. Talk it over here on the forum as much as you like, but only ballots emailed to the above address will be counted.

- Mark Joerger
    Run Amok Combat Robotics

anywere we ca view the current bots in the Hall of Fame?

i personally think thor, ripper and maelstrom

Yeah, I think Ripper, Maelstrom, Thor, Toxic 2 & Kronic
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

Tiny Toon, Maelstrom & Kronic for me.

metanoria for me (thor) or pressure or the saint

Good chatter here on the forum, but only a few more days to vote. Send them in, please!

Kronic 2005 UK Champion, 2010 & 2011 UK Annihilator Champion. Also Big Nipper should be in there.

I wısh to add kronıc, bıg nıpper and merlın to ıt :-)

Register To Comment