Register To Comment
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MAD Build diaries

Well i'd though i'd get myself a thread. Decided to build a feather a new feather, and see how quickly i can do it from bits i've had laying around.

Name: TBC
    Weapon: LP Flipper (63mm bore giving ~300kg of thrust) - Old G3 Ram, when it was LP
    Drive: Bosch 35s - Spares
    Batteries: 1.2ah 14.4v NiCads - one of Alphas old ones
    Speedos: Electronize - Spares from the P2D
    Armour/Chassis: 10mm HDPE - Off cuts
    RC: Futbaba Skysport 6 with FrSky 2.4 hack - Borrowed from our Dalek

New things going in it; Wheels, plastic/steel (although off-cuts), will have probably cost me £50 in bits to build it.

I dodn't have any particular design in mind, it was just a case of how it fitted together best, but its ended up as a FW Big Brother

Total time so far ~4hours, hopefully should have the bulk of it done by tomorrow, want to run it this weekend at manchester, so has to be finished by wednesday night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

think 31cm long by 43cm wide

nearly done, just got to sort out rear top panel of armour and sides armour. Currently weight 10.7kg, so can really beef up the armour if needed, but only built for whiteboarding etc so might just put a bigger buffer in. Got an issue with regulator pulling in liquid, and therefore trying to go full pressure, can get around it by only half filling, but i'll have a further look into it. Had to swap the valve as first didn't have enough flow. It just about self-rights, will tweak it abit to make that more reliable. Current build time ~ 9hours hopefully a couple more tomorrow and its ready. Drives very well and good speed.

Attached Images Attached Images

that looks awesome! kinda like a mini blazer

It's coming along impressively quickly!

Thats was part of the challenge to do it in a small amount of time, if not i'd never finish it, it would just keep getting put aside. Currently going for the name 'Ratchet', but not decided, also have to fit the bungees (running in the arena to push the arm back down might not be the best idea!).

Looking at the video, i really need to tidy the workshop!

But then it wouldn't be a workshop.....

Its a standard 3/2 1/4 valve, cant remember what make, had it knocking around for ages.

Register To Comment