Register To Comment
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Team MAD Build diaries

Finally got the axle bot driving, after it being stuck under the bench for the last 2 years. Will probably run it without the wedge for first couple of events and see how it goes. Testing is with Merlins Wotty and a single (old) Nicad pack).

Ran for the first time last week at Edinburgh, although as I'd forgot to support the back of the motors, they twisted and caused the 1st stage chains to come loose and jam up, easy fix. Video of it testing;

Yeah its a heavy. This one is about as basic as they come, its built mainly for our smaller shows to make a load of noise and be a bit of fun.

doubt I have any photos of Alphas build, was about 10years ago! Its Bosch 120 drive, 14.4v (was on NiCads now has a Lipo pack in). Vantec RDFR23 speedo. 3.2/4mm hardox on front, 3.2mm Ti sides and back.

Will probably keep hold of the new heavy, its ideal for our smaller shows where we need a simple, but noisey robot!

It's not worth buying 2nd hand robots, unless its for parts. Its always more trouble than its worth, (I've bought 3 heavies, each one has had to be rebuilt). If you haven't got the skills/equipment/money to build one, then theres no way you can maintain one.

Register To Comment