Register To Comment
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MAD Build diaries

same here, i spend ages just looking at bits, but i wanted something to play with in the feathers last weekend and seeing as i didn't get the plastic until monday dinner, it forced me to get on with it. Pleased with how it went event beat little hitter and little flipper along the way! Only breakdown was a push-fit breaking when hitter hit it right at the end of a fight. Not to get on with building a new G3...

New cheese 3? Make sure it's got the authentic egg shaped wheels :P wouldn't be the same without lol

lol, will use the same drive i've got in this one, as it works well. New G3 will be a mini Iron Awe,seeing as thats where they nicked the design from anyway.. :P

Doing some upgardes (i hope!) to Kronics pneumatics.

cant really see what your upgrading alan, isn't kronic powerfull enough allready ?

Can always be more powerful, the pics are of the old setup, the aim is to try and keep the flips more consistant rather than dropping off after 5-6, so another 3litres of buffers going in, in exchange for one of the main bottles.

Quick update what we're up to. All 3 heavies suffered damage last weekend, Merlin has a broken motor (the magnet came loose) and a bent chassis bar, but thats alomost fixed (if the expoxy ever dries!), UFO suffered damage from Thor, new ram should be pruchased in about an hour (when the auction finishes on ebay!). The major damage was to Kronic, the whole chassis is basically written off, the back end got bent over, breaking all the brackets and mounts, and the front half has snapped, so the winter project is to build a new chassis for it. From the outside it should look roughly the same, but the internal layout will be different. This means that the plans for the new Knightmare have been put on hold for now, I was hoping to have that for Dublin, but have to sort Kronic first, maybe Knightmare will be ready for Barnsley/Whitwick, depends if another project happens or not.

Merlin bent bit!

Kronic Strip-Down

Started Kronic rebuild today. All new chassis is needed. Will be the same size and shape (apart from angle cut out at back) and will go from 4wd to 2wd for mobility and weight. Chassis is being made from steel box section rather than the Ali, and its actually lighter.

All the blue painted metal is old stuff and being replaced, just put it there to try out.

Copy :P

actually i'm copying IA, seeing as they copied Merlin with their new bot

Register To Comment