Register To Comment
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: team combat penguin build diarys

so you have an electronize in there just to provide the BEC? i thought xl/xxls had them in? or you could use a specific bec

looking good

you could use a plug in bec such as the park bec: http://www.robochallenge.co.uk/Events_a ... onics.html

a bit pricy though, does the speed control on the electronize work?

might aswell stick to using that then

harry you should put an electric axe on murphys law so it would self right. or atleast bolt one to the back so it can do a thwackbot attack.

seeing as this is combat penguin build diaries i'll be putting the build diary for my new featherweight here. it shall be called giant electric eel, it is called this because i name all of my antweight flipper robots electric eel, seeing as this is a featherweight and much larger than an 150g antweight and it will also have a flipper weapon i am calling it giant electric eel

Name: Giant Electric Eel (or G.E.E for short)
    Weapon: FP Flipper 50mm bore 100mm stroke ram. 0.65l buffer, 20oz main tank
    Drive: speed 900's with 4.5:1 gearboxes onto 75mm wheels
    Batteries: 2300mah 4 cell 13.2v a123 pack
    Speedos: undecided- victors most likely
    Armour: 10mm and 6mm hdpe
    Chassis 10mm nylon 6 and 10mm hdpe
    Radio Gear: dunno probably either dx6i or dx3e
    ETC: 1-2 weeks before fw uk champs

pictures to come when stuff gets done, although i'm off on holiday for a couple weeks soon and need to get a lot of antweight stuff done for aws36 so work won't start for a while.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UBEC-5A-8-40v ... 3429wt_907

Thats the switching BEC I use, fairly cheap and weights pretty much nothing (21g) and can run at up to 40v. There is a cheap one of the same model that works up to 26v and weighs 3g less, but if you're bot is only weighing in at 4.5kgs you can probably afford the extra 3g of weight . Saying that though, if the bot is only 4.5kgs you can probably afford the extra weight of that electronize providing the BEC.

Does the BEC not work on that one I gave you? A few people said that soldering new wires on might fix it, so might be worth a go.

Register To Comment