Register To Comment
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic questions, sorry!

No, the ram is max 16 bar. Full Pressure is 60 bar

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10
    Hmm, how to tell this.

Tip force.
    FP is a kind of speciality of me.
    I'm happy with Hannibalito III. Ram is 51mm bore *85mm stroke, leverage 3.5 to 1.
    This means, theoretical, 2.505*2.501*pi*55=1083 kg of force , with a tip power of 310 kg over 300mm.

Hannibalito I was on the low end according to me. 32mm *bore 80mm stroke. Leverage 3 to 1.
    150kg tip force, over 240mm

A LP 50*45 ram, with a leverage of 1 to 1 gives you 150 kg over 45mm. (less than a fifth of the smaller FP ram of Hannibalito I)
    Yeah, I don't understand that leverage ratio.
    Isn't a upward flipper a class 3/C lever, at a mechanical disadvantage but increased tip speed?

Quote Originally Posted by psychostorm
    No, the ram is max 16 bar. Full Pressure is 60 bar
    For full pressure (1000 psi/70 bar max, but CO2 at 20°C is only 55 bar, and that will drop if it cools down during use) use you have 2 options. An hydraulic ram is strong enough to take the forces involved and is allowed. Or else a custom FP ram, with the right credentials. These custom FP rams don't grow on trees.

Isn't a upward flipper a class 3/C lever, at a mechanical disadvantage but increased tip speed?
    Correct. Diminish force to gain speed.

sorry, meant to put in link to this ram:
    https://www.easupplies.com/MILLER-50-TN ... hy1534.htm
    this one is hydraulic so is rated high enough bu same questions again,
    Quote Originally Posted by Max
    could i use this ram in a fp system (giving me 1000kg of power)with a leverage of 3 or 4 to 1? would the ports be big enough?
    also, how do you weld hardox and is it the same weight per volume as normal ild steel?

At that price you might aswell get a custom pneumatic cylinder made.

You weld hardox using the same methods for mild steel. Effectively yes it has the same density but type hardox density into google and you will find the exact value (it's late and I'm too tired to bother)

I am hoping to be able to get a similar ram at a reduced price from my dads friend. But are those ports big enough if not what size do others use?
    So for hardox can you buy special 'sticks' for use with an ark welder? Also where do people get it from?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hardox ... =firefox-a

Seriously, google is your best friend

You can just use regular mild steel welding electrodes (sticks) to weld it

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    could i use this ram in a fp system (giving me 1000kg of power)with a leverage of 3 or 4 to 1? would the ports be big enough?
    [attachment=1:3sswlq30]calc.jpg[/attachment:3sswlq30]

The cylinder you linked to has a Port Size #4 SAE = 0.172 min dia
    http://www.inserta.com/PDF/AI-STR-THD-PORT-DIM.pdf
    [attachment=0:3sswlq30]cv.jpg[/attachment:3sswlq30]

All the above is just a rough guide .... real world has many other variables.

EG ..Can you open the supply valve fully in less time than the math value for the ram extension time?
    Attached Images Attached Images

that table is awesome! but what is Cv flow?

Register To Comment