Register To Comment
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic questions, sorry!

Hi again and thanks for the replies. Just wondered what size rams most people use in feathers and how much force they try to get at the tip of the flipper arm(after leverage)? Also how far does the tip of most flipper arms move to get a decent flip?

could i use this ram:
    https://www.easupplies.com/SPEEDAIRE-MD ... pn1eg1.htm ?
    i would be using it at 10 bar.
    i would put in a diagram but dont know how

here is the diagram:

or if that doesn't work it's on here:
    http://fightingrobotpics.webs.com/apps/ ... =132027416

I'm not expert on pneumatics but I'll tell you that the ram you have there is far too small to be of much use in a featherweight. If you are looking for a low pressure ram (up to 16 bar), I have one kicking around 50mm bore, 100mm stroke for 25 quid plus postage. PM if interested.

Hmm, how to tell this.

Tip force.
    FP is a kind of speciality of me.
    I'm happy with Hannibalito III. Ram is 51mm bore *85mm stroke, leverage 3.5 to 1.
    This means, theoretical, 2.505*2.501*pi*55=1083 kg of force , with a tip power of 310 kg over 300mm.

Hannibalito I was on the low end according to me. 32mm *bore 80mm stroke. Leverage 3 to 1.
    150kg tip force, over 240mm

A LP 50*45 ram, with a leverage of 1 to 1 gives you 150 kg over 45mm. (less than a fifth of the smaller FP ram of Hannibalito I)

What if I used 2 of those rams side by side and then used a leverage of 2 to 1. Would that then give me the same amount of force and twice the movement at the tip of the flipper arm? And would this be enough for a decent flip of a featherweight robot?

Such 2 of those rams still have less than half the power I see as a minimum in a featherweight.

It's Gary

could i use this ram in a fp system (giving me 1000kg of power)with a leverage of 3 or 4 to 1? would the ports be big enough?

Register To Comment