Register To Comment
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: EYE OF THE ROBOT - Extreme Edition

This forum's been dead recently. So here's a REALLY short fight here to get it back up and going again. Yes, I know it's lazy, but that's all I can say: ENJOY

FIGHT: SEVEN
    Macduff The 5th vs. V€™Ger

From Toronto, Canada, Macduff The 5th!!
    Entered by Kody Kunz
    Aye, yer wee robotic terrors, look out for the king of Scotland! What we€™re looking at here is a low-rammer design with 6 wheels for ultimate speed - 15mph coming from 2 x LEM130€™s at 48V, giving 24hp - and traction in a straight line, armoured in a Titanium/Vanadium alloy, 7.5mm thick with extra covering on the sides and rear. That€™s not the main advantage of this robot: this robot has an interchangeable weapons system: with weapons ranging from electric lifting forks, a drum weapon with 2 x Tungsten steel teeth and a flipper with a 50cm extension that can lift 250kg to static scoops. This robot seems the perfect karma chameleon but the invertible nature of this robot means the wheels are exposed, and thus said karma chameleon may soon be arrested.

From Brooks, Alberta, Canada, V€™Ger!!
    Entered by Tracy Farber
    What a design here, aiming to be a parasitic pest to all competitors. What we have here is a double weapon machine, armed with both a 10kg 5000rpm spinning disc at the rear and a lifter at the front to allow for the 2 Magmotors to come in for shoving machines about the place. Not much more that can be said - it€™s hard to attack without coming into contact with either weapon, it€™s a shape that automatically falls down onto its wheels, it€™s got a solid body, but in a world of +100kg machines, will this heavy middleweight 80kg machine be blown away in the breeze?

Booth #1: Kody K (using the 5mm Hardox lifting scoop)
    Booth #2: Tracy F

Roboteers, stand by!!!

3€¦2€¦1€¦activate!!!

And they€™re off! Both machines are quick off of the start, and the both of the robots smash together hard, like the rocks that they are. In this immediate start, it€™s the current Challenge belt holder with the 20kg weight advantage who whacks into V€™Ger, slightly slowing the disc, but also sending him rebounding off away from Kody. This isn€™t enough to put him off though, as he powers forward to the side of V€™Ger, getting underneath it, and keeping there drives on€¦BANG: against the wall! Good early onslaught by the Canadian rammer, as V€™Ger is pinned hard against the wall€¦and extremely near the disc of doom! Tracy needs to be very nearful here, as she quickly jerks the gear-sticks on her control board to get V€™Ger away€¦but not that fast€¦BANG! Disc on disc here, and that was a mighty blow! Both Canadians here properly going for it, as Kody rears his machine up for another painful whack that he has in mind. But what€™s this? V€™Ger€™s not moving! IT looks like the disc-on-disc action has dislodged something inside: the lifter is working fine, but the disc isn€™t spinning and the wheels aren€™t either! Over in less than a minute, the Canadian rammer has quenched another opponent, as he moves one step closer to defending the Challenge Belt!
    10€¦9€¦8€¦7€¦6 €¦5€¦4€¦3€¦2â ‚¬Â¦1€¦cease!!!

Result:
    V€™Ger needs help from a certain Virgil€¦certainly in need of Internation Rescue!
    MACDUFF THE 5TH DEFENDS THE CHALLENGE BELT!!!

MATCH: EIGHT (THE LAST MATCH)
    Macduff The 5th vs. Exotherm

w00t can't update my tourneys at the moment due to some circumstances, but it's good to see someone else keeping it half-alive, at any rate :P

sorry for beating V'Ger up Tracy

Macduff the 5th vs. Exotherm

TWO former Nick bots in a row? :P Hmmmmm...let's keep the lifting wedge. I'm pretty sure it'll get under those dinky little side wedges (the v-disc reaches further out anyway, though) and can take more than enough punishment from the disc. Do what I did with V'Ger; kill his disc, pit him, be very careful and not pit myself.

Good luck Lewis.

Register To Comment