Register To Comment
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EYE OF THE ROBOT - Extreme Edition

Yes, I'm back writing And yes, I am aware of unfinished ones still here. Don't worry, I've already hypoed the main one, but am writing out the other two as they're shorter. I hope you'll enjoy this

I€™ve obviously been out of action for a while - any of you miss me?
    Given that when I was doing GCSE€™s I was finding it hard to do a big competition, the fact I€™m almost going into A2 work means that you€™ll ever see a main competition completed properly. However, just for giggles, here€™s a little mini set of tourneys to keep me going. Don€™t worry, I€™m gonna hypo up my other ones, but this will be full out.

There will be 3 main competitions here: Annihilator, All-Stars and Challenge Belt (bare in mind that the original big versions of these will have nothing to do with thse results) but go ahead.

Now for the arena:

The Arena

The €˜WreckTaGon€™ is a hexagon shaped arena with three starting squares, coloured gold, green and blue. Originally, it had very little in the way of hazards, and still does, but these are very deadly - we still have the flipping spikes, and we also have the impaling spikes, set in sets of 5 on each wall of the arena, each made of Hardox and designed to cause serious damage.
    The pit release button for this arena is located on the bottom right side of the arena, with the actual pit being a mere 2 metres behind it. Added hazards include the saws mounted into the floor to throw other robots away ala Battlebots style, and vertical flywheels behind each starting square - they weigh 25kg and spin at 1000rpm, each off immense damage capacity.
    The arena is indestructible, with the floor being made of 50mm Hardox, with 3mm of polished Stainless Steel over the top of that, making the floor impossible to damage and VERY SLIPPERY! The walls are also made of 25mm Hardox, and are 65cm high, giving everyone the ability to flip someone OOTA! The arena (from a birds-eye view) is 25metres down and 27metres wide.

The line-ups is going to be like this:

ANNIHILATOR x 2

Yes, I am doing 2 of these bad boys: one at the start, one at the end. I€™ll be taking 2 robots from 6 people and stick them in different Annihilators, and it will be a standard Annihilator to find the champion of each one.

If you have an issue with the way the sign-ups work for this or anything else, be fully oblieged to complain until I give into peer pressure and change it.

CHALLENGE BELT

Obvious how this works as you€™re all RW fans. One-on-one continuously until someone defends the challenge belt: 3 wins to keep one outright. 9 people enter, I will decide the first holder and the subsequent order of challengers.

ALL-STARS

Bit different here. Obviously you all know the layout, but like with my other competition of this, you have to have a robot with a notable tournament reputation, like semi-final or quarter-final even in a Minor.
    12 people enter 1 robot each, and it works like this:

ROUND ONE: 3 x 4 way melles: 2 go through from each
    ROUND TWO: 3 1v1s, 3 go through + 3 way losers€™ melle, where one goes through
    ROUND THREE: 2 1v1s, 2 go through
    FINAL: Final two robots fight for victory.

The Entry-Rules

€ Wheeled robots must weigh a maximum 100kg
    € Shuffling robots weigh a maximum of 110kg
    € Walkers weigh a maximum 135kg
    € When you enter, give me your hometown (if outside of the UK, tell me the country as well), and a link for your robot stats, so I can find them!

You can beat your opponent by the following:
    OOTA (flip them out the arena)
    Pitting (Obvious)
    50% drive working (moves only on one side)
    Stacking (Placing the robot on the wall in a position they can't get out of)
    JD (beat them on Judges Decision)

The Judging System

Basically, I've invented my own system - has 6 catogories, in which I mark out of 5 (shared mark i.e 3-2, or 5-0). I then times that score in each section by how much the section is worth:

Dominance = ? x 6
    Damage = ? x 5
    Aggression = ? x 4
    Stategy = ? x 3
    Control = ? x 2
    Style = ? x 1

So here you go, enter at your (and my own :wink: ) peril.

Looking good Paul, this seems to be more on your scale I'd like to claim a place, and also reserve a place on Andy's behalf in everything if that's okay with you (and, indeed, with him ;P)

Annihilator entries:
    N³
    Falling Down (stats up soon)

Challenge Belt entry:
    Eye of Ran III (or II if III still isn't done, in which case I will apologise profusely and arrange to have myself killed)

All Stars entry:
    Gabriel V (I presume this is acceptable?)

I think you know where my stats live by now My hometown is Pontefract, although that may be subject to change as I'm (hopefully!) going to Lancaster University to study Earth Science with Geography in October.

Hmm...looks right up my alley.

Annihilator
    Tira VI
    The Alexandra Sisters: Retribution

Challenge Belt
    Macduff the 5th

All-Stars
    Wedginator X

I trust you know where the stats are, Paul?

I'm aware of that.

Could i reserve please Paul

I'd like to reserve for all competitions if I may only for a short time, as I'm on my phone right now, but I'll use the computer to post up entries when I get home tonight

As promised

Annihilator

COMPRESSION

BODY SHAPE: Low box with angled rear and sloped sides

WEIGHT: 100kg

DIMENSIONS (L X W X H): 85cm (90cm with wedge and claws) x 95cm (130cm with claws) x 25cm

COLOUR: Polished to perfection, the claws are gold with red tips

LOCOMOTION: 4 x 270mm go-kart style wheels with aluminium hubs and vulcanised tyres

GROUND CLEARANCE: 10mm, protected at the front and sides, 10mm at rear

SKIRTS: A 5mm hardox hinged wedge at the front (between the claws) that flops over when the robot is inverted.

DRIVE MOTORS: 2 x A28-400 magmotors run @ 24v

DRIVE BATTERIES: 4 x NiCad battlepacks running @ 24v in parallel

SPEED: Can reach 25mph to batter opponents around, but is kept to 15mph when driving around

TURNING CIRCLE: 0 metres

BODY ARMOUR: 3.2mm hardox monocoque for the most part, with 5mm hardox extra protection in key areas such as battery mounts

CHASSIS: 3.2mm hardox monocoque

WEAPON 1: The front horizontal Kan Opener-style crushing jaws are closed completely via a vivoil pump powered by a LEM-130 motor @ 36v, the hydraulics are at 3000psi giving 4.5 tonnes of crushing force between the tip, this is interchangeable for a pneumatic setup powered from a 3kg bottle and 2 x 100mm rams at 725 psi each. The claws themselves remain the same in both setups and are tungsten tipped with serrated edges

WEAPON 2: The hinged wedge between the claws beaches opponents with the Mute-style barbs it has so that the opponent can be pushed around while the claws keep hold, this is perfect for pitting robots because the wedge will flop over the edge of the pit so when the claws let go the opponent will fall straight in.

SRIMECH: Can run inverted

STRENGTHS: Powerful weaponry, can end battles in seconds due to grab and pit using the weapon synergy, fast, good armour

NOTES: Just a slight re-freshening, getting rid of the silly triangle shape, spikes and bosches. Known for a while as Compression 1.1, but I'm not keen on that name.

THEME SONG: Beast And The Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold

and

VERTIGO

BODY SHAPE: Box with 60* wedge at front and angled rear ala Tornado. The sides are sloped at 45*

DIMENSIONS (L X W X H): 80cm x 75cm x 20cm

COLOUR: See CAD

LOCOMOTION: 4 x internal wheels, made of aluminium with unrethane tyres. Each is exposed from the top and bottom and is 22cm in diameter

GROUND CLEARANCE: 0 at the wedge, 8mm at sides and 10mm at rear

DRIVE MOTORS: 2 x A28-400 magmotors @ 24v

DRIVE BATTERIES: 4 x NiCad battlepacks @ 24v in parallel

SPEED: 18mph

BODY ARMOUR: 4mm hardox monocoque, flipper/top panel is
    6mm.

CHASSIS: 4mm hardox monocoque. The removable panel is the top one.

WEAPON 1: The whole top panel is a full pressure flipper, powered by a 100mm ram @ 725psi from a 3kg co2 bottle, providing plenty of flips and a lot of power, similar power in fact to the modern Kronic the Wedgehog.

SRIMECH: The robot is invertible, but the flipper can be used to right it if needs be.

STRENGTHS: Powerful weaponry, tough armour

THEME SONG: Bodies by Drowning Pool

NOTES: Another robot designed primarily with ARC in mind, Vertigo was built to take advantage of the weapon/armour rule there, which would allow Vertigo to have a high powered flipper and very tough armour while not sacrificing much in terms of drive power. It surpassed all expectations, reaching the semi-finals and only losing to eventual champion Tank there. Again, thanks to Area51Escapee for this CAD

Challenge Belt

EXOTHERM

BODY SHAPE: A bit like Nightmare, see picture

DIMENSIONS (L X W X H): 100cm x 71cm x 57cm (with disc)

COLOUR: Yellow and black, silver disc

LOCOMOTION: 2 x sturdy 7mm hardox wheels with vulcanised tyres

GROUND CLEARANCE: 0 at the front hinged wedges and rear shocl-absorbing wedge, doesn't really have a ground clearance elsewhere due to the shape

SKIRTS: 2 x hinged wedges at the front

DRIVE MOTORS: 2 x A28-400 magmotors running at 24v

DRIVE BATTERIES: 4 x NiCad battlepacks running at 24v in parallel

SPEED: 20mph

BODY ARMOUR: There isn't really much armour, so where there is armour it's 6mm 10% titanium/vanadium alloy. The front wedges are made of 6mm hardox.

CHASSIS: Steel Ladder

WEAPON 1: A 500mm diameter vertical flywheel with curved blades that are part of the disc itself so they can't be ripped off. It can reach a top speed of 2500rpm in 2.5 seconds courtesy of a LEM-200 at 60v, the disc itself is made of titanium, is 1cm thick and weighs 31kg. It spins upwards to flip as well as rip.

SRIMECH: Invertible, and the disc can rotate 10 degrees up and down so when flipped it can quickly and easily adjust so that the wheels touch the floor.

STRENGTHS: Hard to attack, damaging weaponry, good armour

NOTES: I was given this robot by Spatula over on ARC, as he no longer wishes to compete. It was originally a lightweight, but has now been scaled up by myself to compete both on the FRA and in the heavyweight division at ARC, where it managed a battle ratio of 4/5.

THEME SONG: Best of You by Foo Fighters

All-Stars

EQUINOX

BODY SHAPE: Box with 30* wedge at the front and angled rear ala Tornado like >. Sides are 45* to deflect spinners.

DIMENSIONS (L X W X H): 95cm x 70cm x 9cm

COLOUR: Dark blue with yellow skirts and forks

LOCOMOTION: 4 x internal wheels, each is 80mm in diameter and has vulkalon tyres for grip. They are mounted on a slant ala Tazbot for extra control. Instead of one in each corner they are mounted at the rear and middle of the machine, with two ball castors in the two front corners. This gives very good manouevrability, allowing Equinox to really glide around the arena like Panic Attack.

GROUND CLEARANCE: 0 at the wedge, effectively 0 at sides and rear due to skirts, but 10mm behind them.

SKIRTS: 5mm grade 2 titanium skirts at the sides and rear, joined by 4mm hardox hinges to stop them breaking.

DRIVE MOTORS: 4 x A28-400 magmotors run @ 24v

DRIVE BATTERIES: 4 x NiCad battlepacks at 24v in parallel

SPEED: 15mph, designed to be very fluidly controlled

BODY ARMOUR: 6mm grade 5 titanium/vanadium 10% alloy monocoque. The removable panel is the top panel, but this is mounted on rubber bolts, rendering axes and hammers useless.

WEAPON 1: Running down the front wedge and flat along the floor are two 60cm long lifting forks, each powered by its own linear actuator, capable of rising to full height in 2 seconds, fast enough to be effective, but slow enough for controlled lifting.

WEAPON 2: Running along the top of the robot are two sets of Mute-style tungsten carbide barbs to trap opponents. Also hinged at the rear of the robot is a 95cm long clamping arm with a serrated tungsten tooth at the end of it, this is powered by an S28-400 magmotor @ 24v and is usually raised to vertical and then used to clamp opponents in place, can be used in unison with the lifting forks and barbs to good effect.

SRIMECH: The clamping arm can right the robot in 1 second, because it has a large hardox fin towards the rear half that allows it to self-right over the rear skirt.

STRENGTHS: Excellent manouevrability, controllability and pushing power, weapon synergy, tough armour

THEME SONG: Meet Me on the Equinox by Death Cab for Cutie

- Equinox came 3rd in Steven's point based tournament, which was a minor, so I hope that kinda counts? :P

Hope that's all okay

Register To Comment