Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robots in my home town!?

Quote Originally Posted by roamingrobots
    Well we are always looking for new venues, if someone knows of one in their town let me know.

Needs to be an approx 32m x 32m sportshall, with seating for more than 500 tiered.

John.
    *Goes outside his house to look for a good venue in Northampton*

county cricket ground lian, ive already covered it, we might see a show there next year

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons
    county cricket ground lian, ive already covered it, we might see a show there next year
    That was exactly what i was gonna say!

Im going to kill you at Kidderminster. Presuming that my bot is done and/or i dont pit myself 1st

National Museum of Transport recently opened in Glasgow in a multimillion pound regereration before the 2016 Commonwealth Games, they would probably love to have you, failing that, there is the other Commonwealth venues like Kelvinhall that would be perfect for it, right in the middle of student-ville for Glasgow and Strathclyde Uni's.

Probably too far north for most roboteers/EO's though

You been nicking my thoughts?!
    I've been contemplating looking into the new Transport Museum as a possible event venue, although more for a Robo Challenge size arena and event (or possible beetleweight event) than an RR or RL one. Also wondered about the suitability of the Glasgow Science Centre across the river.

Of course, none of that has actually turned into active research, it's all just in my head at the moment

Great minds think alike Jamie

Science centre would be an excellent idea too, all easily within reach too. The SECC is in the cluster of venues too and might be able to do something in the smaller rooms. I haven't done any sort of research either, but if there was any hint of an EO looking to book an event in Glasgow I would be researching like crazy!

I was thinking about the Glasgow SECC as well I also thought about the Meadowbank Sports Centre in Edinburgh. Mind you, that was where my first robot event was when Roaming Robots did the 2004 Winter Tour
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

Register To Comment