Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: don't leave batteries on charge at home unattended!

can't actually believe it, im actually feeling pretty lucky right now.

bin sorting out my robot all day in my shed so in my room i left its batteries on charge, comming back to check up on them every now and again.

just looked now and i really don't know why but both nimh packs have melted and leaked on my desk :S im actually lucky they didnt end up catching fire or something.

i wont be doing that again!

[attachment=0:uu99ufb5]BILD0075.JPG[/attachment:uu99ufb5]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Was that on trickle charge?

I've got the same packs (Vapextech with the newer red cell coverings) and quite often trickle charge them overnight. Don't fancy the idea of my room possibly going on fire, especially considering I almost did it to myself today.

Any known damage within the pack/cells? Could possibly be a reason for them overheating like that if they were on a trickle.

no, as far as i no they were fine and they were ok when i did them yesterday aswell, and i was giving them a real nice slow charge and discharge, nothing that i wudda thought wud cause that to happen lol

and from a closer look, both packs were next to each other at the time and i think the pack with only slight melting on it has just melted from the heat of the other more melted pack which was sat right next to it. so i think one may still be ok

what charger were you using???

looks like a wheelchair battery charger if im not mistaken?

Yes Gary thats right.

Register To Comment