Register To Comment
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Crash & Burn Mini-Tournament of Death 4

Round 4
    S.O.T.A.R. vs. Vertigo vs. Harraz

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots...ah Sir Killalot, good to see him there...and King Leer as well.

ACTIVATE!

And it starts off with both Vertigo and Harraz homing in on the spinning dervish from Canada! Great as S.O.T.A.R.'s own drive power is, it doesn't outdo its oppressors and within seconds Harraz barrels into S.O.T.A.R. first, the lifting arm taking a massive smack and sending both robots away...and Vertigo keeps going! Before S.O.T.A.R. can do much else other than land, the Liverpool flipper is underneath, and...Vertigo, I think, is setting a very quick record here!!! After all its feared damage potential, and especially after last battle, Lewis has gotten his sweet revenge as S.O.T.A.R. is flipped from the arena floor, and out!!! Tracy appears a bit upset at this, but Paul is no longer focusing on either of them...oho! Paul has some unfinished business with Sir Killalot! Harraz has rammed itself straight into the front of the mighty house robot, and is trying to lift it over! Well it's sort of working; Killalot is indeed lifted, but only a few inches! Catching on, Lewis directs Vertigo at King Leer, and the demise of S.O.T.A.R. has sparked the beginning of another house robot rebellion! And...ahhh, no sir! Vertigo cannot toss over King Leer, he has only gotten underneath but popped it up a bit! Ha ha ha...but...uh oh. King Leer is, although slowly, being pushed towards the arena saws! Oh dear! And he is deposited (slightly, for the stoppers on Vertigo's front have caught him!) on top...and there's no way the saws can throw King Leer's massive weight, so the saws go right through the tires on the left side!!! Dear oh dear! Lewis is simply enjoying this, but things aren't really going well with Harraz! Paul's vengeance against what the house robot did to Harraz in Heat B seems to be a pipe-dream as Sir Killalot is let down and is shoving him away, the claw side-on to the skirt and underneath...oh no. There's the clamp, there's the lift, and I don't think Sir Killalot is feeling very forgiving. To the arena wall they go...hey! Vertigo has popped aside King Leer (who can only now go in circles, it seems), and is aiming directly for the back of Killalot! There's...another pop, but Killalot isn't flipped. I think the fun is done, though, boys, because...

CEASE!

Tracy, sit down and DON'T rotate! S.O.T.A.R. is eliminated!

----

The Crash & Burn Mini-Tournament of Death 4 Final
    Vertigo vs. Harraz

Whey great fight Kody XD

as for the final, I have no real tactics other than to be as aggressive as possible and try to get Harraz OOTA or in the pit. Should the match go to a judges decision I could win due to flips being more impressive than lifts, and so when I flip him over I'll try and prevent him self-righting by pushing him into house robots and hazards; with a lifter his self-righting won't be very fast. I believe I'm also more manoeuvrable than him due TK my lack of skirting, and that could prove instrumental in such a closely matched battle.

Good luck Paul, and thanks for writing such an awesome tournament Kody

Be patient.

22 robots have been murdered senselessly, without mercy; 2 robots remain, and the culmination of this mini-tournament of death begins...

...now.

The Crash & Burn Mini-Tournament of Death 4 Final
    Vertigo vs. Harraz

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots: Sgt. Bash, Hexadecimal

ACTIVATE!!!

Hold on to yer hats; this Final's just started!

It's Vertigo off the mark quickly, with a well-paced charge at his adversary, but Harraz is no slouch and moves around the charge, trying to get at the sides! Its more powerful drive allows it to do this, and with some working under the side it's Paul that draws first blood by throwing Vertigo against the arena wall, all while lifting its arm! The result is Vertigo toppling over onto its angled side, but it can't fall onto its back because the wall's in the way! With a powerful uptrust, Vertigo moves away off the wall, but into the front of Harraz, who simply shoves it back into the arena wall! An alarmingly dire situation for Team Mechanical Menagerie here, but The Watcher is unable to count Vertigo out because Harraz is pinning it, obviously. They'll have to get off of that arena wall...and because several seconds have passed, Harraz will have to let them go soon! Wait, up goes the lifter! Harraz goes for the OOTA...and it fails! Vertigo flips itself away just in the nick of time, and not only that, but it manages to land right-side-up as well! An angered Harraz lowers its arm and flies at Vertigo like a swarm of angry bees, but it's Vertigo who gets under this time! Harraz had failed to move around in time, and now Vertigo is well underneath and gains massive ground with a monstrous flip that rockets the flustered Harraz far into the air, and with an almighty and sickening CRASH, Harraz lands snout first! The lifting doesn't seem to be that damaged, but Vertigo is back in action and back underneath! There's another flip and Harraz seems to have the wind knocked out of it as it takes another aerial trip across the arena! This time it lands on all wheels and scurries away before Vertigo can make good on the hat trick! Lewis isn't too discouraged by said failure and goes after his prey, however a nifty turn later and Vertigo seems to have gotten tricked as Harraz gets the side and lifts - no! Vertigo flips again! And falls off the lifter! He's not out of danger yet though, as his front end is still stuck on Harraz' side skirt and the flipper's still open. Harraz moves to turn and ram, and follows through! WHAM!! Vertigo hits the wall and seems to have ITS wind taken from it, toppling off to the side! No preparation can make Vertigo ready for the slam Harraz delivers next, as they go along the wall to Hex's CPZ and the cackling virus opens the lifters...

CRASH!!!

It's the flipper plate that takes the massive hit, but it also sends Hex pinballing back into the CPZ! Without a second thought, Harraz drops Vertigo and attacks Hexadecimal quickly and with sudden venom! Lewis catches on, a smile eclipsing the scowl previously etched on his face, as it seems there is a rebellion brewing: Vertigo goes around Harraz to Hex's other side, and flips her! Well that won't do! Sgt. Bash is out like a rocket and before Harraz can turn around rams the liftbot's rear immediately...going up the rear skirt! Dear me, it seems our ol' Sergeant failed to predict that outcome! Well that's to be expected, sergeants don't make good seers now do they? At any rate this seems to have angered Harraz, and the plucky lifter does an about face and slides underneath the 120kg flame-spewing tyrant, and a simple flick of the lifter topples the Sergeant...just as a whopping heave-ho from Vertigo's scratched flipper sends the Queen of Chaos o'er the arena railing! Well, anarchy in the C&B...it lives on, I suppose. The Watcher hasn't done anything to stop it...he appears resigned to the fact that house robot rebellions happen. We feel for you, we really do...Vertigo pushes Sgt. Bash all the way across the arena, and another HEAVE...HO! sends him packing over the fence as well! Back to the trenches with you, Bash!

The fight seems to be between the competitors again now, as Harraz and Vertigo square each other up again. Paul follows his tactics through again, and it seems his drive is winning as he is intent on gaining the sides of Vertigo! But Lewis instills some tactics his own; Vertigo spins the other way and catches the Team Insanity robot off-guard! Now with the clear advantage, Vertigo rams under the side of Harraz and flips it, and it's a triple twist into a double flip! The spiralling out of control stuns Harraz long enough for Lewis' attack to continue; Vertigo is again underneath...! And they go to the wall!!!

Flip.

IT'S OVER!!! Harraz joins the house robots on the wrong side of the fence!!! Paul gives Lewis a knowing look and begins to clap for him as the latter, delighted, dances like a maniac! His robot mirrors his actions; Vertigo drives straight into the wall! Backing up, he fires the flipper and overturns himself! And then a brilliant self-right! Vertigo is the winner!

CEASE!!!

Harraz got harrassed one too many times, methinks, and gives up the ghost at the final hurdle!
    Vertigo wins The Crash & Burn Mini-Tournament Of Death 4!!!

----

Final Rankings
    S.O.T.A.R. (Tracy Farber)
    Harraz (Paul Cuomo)
    Vertigo (Lewis Matthews)

Congratulations to Lewis, and to Paul and Tracy respectively...and a massive thanks to everybody who took part, you all made this possible. As to when there'll be another mini-tournament? Not sure. The inactivity on this forum is quite disconcerting. I will finish up my major first though, before anything else (except me and AJ's tourney) starts. :P

'Til we meet again...crash & burn. :twisted:

Hehe, good job guys, and good job writing this Kody.
    I am holding a grudge for being outed by a team up though. As much of a grudge as I can hold anyway. Provided I don't forget!

Yay I actually won a tournament!

Excellent writing Kody, commiserations Paul and thanks to everyone for a brilliant tournament

Register To Comment