Register To Comment
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: heavyweight ram bots?

i didnt think it could be done, was just a consept in my head

probably could be done it depends on the weight of the other stuff you're using in it. isn't kronic 4wd?

thinking of it, ye it is, an invertable 4wd merlin style heavyweight, got a load of push and the OOTA factor

why not have 2 motors and have chain drive powering all 4 wheels?
    anyway yeah, there is still a place, probably not UK champion material but can be effective if there not massively slow like the original Mythras

what was the kind of system i was thinking of, and having a large flipper would be good to get bots out, being invertable if the flipper dont work anf you can run from danger them self right. also, 4wd so you can push other bots to the edge to flip them and can ge a ram bot when the gas has run out

typhoon was 4wd (1 motor per wheel) and had half the robot's weight in the disc. So yes it's entirely possibly to have a 4wd heavyweight and have a weapon too.

How much money do you have for this? Sounds pretty 'pie in the sky'

This is all very much theory right now, would be something that I would like to do but I have no idea if I can do it. It was a very faint idea when I posted it and still is all very much up in the air right now

Ye, so it is Poe in the sky right now. Will try and look at costing etc and see whats possible. I'll have to get the sizing of toxic and draw up plans from that

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons
    what would i need to do to get a heavyweight 4wd flipper in the weight limit?

that things would i need to shave off?
    There is one in the Netherlands. One that tries to have it all. Hammerhead 3. Hardox 450 1/8 monocoque construction, 4wd on cart-tyres with 2 Mag S28-400 motors , Giant 140mm bore 120mm stroke ram (1 of the 3 made by Kos-Tough As Nails) and 4 kg of CO2 on board.
    But alas, the changed rules (no more consumables, meaning the machine is overweight) and changing interests made the roboteer who has build this drop out of sight.

Register To Comment